That which seeks wisdom

All things related to beginning Zen Practice. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already started Zen training and those planning to do so.
The manta ray

That which seeks wisdom

Post by The manta ray » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:12 pm

They say...

"It is wisdom that seeks wisdom."

I've thought of these words, tried giving them a path. My translation eventually became...

"It is truly beautiful compassion, which is seeking for wisdom (and wisdom, in my eyes, need simply be, "thought domain disciplined").

In my eyes, there is a simplicity in zen, that need not encumber. The grace of a thought can be in the attitude. Maybe knowing, is not knowing.

Your thoughts?

Enver M.

Re: That which seeks wisdom

Post by Enver M. » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:02 pm

sure, knowing is not knowing.but there is one more thing that is more important and that is practicing.

I'm at the edge of to begin truly practice.i've spend 15 years.
no need for mathematic !!!
:waving:

Enver M.

Post by Enver M. » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:18 pm

Enver wrote: i've spend 15 years
I am the greatest!
no need for mathematic !!!
:waving:

desert_woodworker

Post by desert_woodworker » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:28 am

Ray,
The manta ray wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:12 pm
They say...

"It is wisdom that seeks wisdom."

I've thought of these words, tried giving them a path. My translation eventually became...

"It is truly beautiful compassion, which is seeking for wisdom (and wisdom, in my eyes, need simply be, "thought domain disciplined").
It doesn't ring true at all, no. But, interesting!, that you should think so. Evidently, your musings do not come from experience in Zen Buddhist practice. That's par for the course... .

In the awakened state or condition, true Wisdom (prajna) and true Compassion (karuna) arise spontaneously and simultaneously in closest, seamless, connection with circumstances or events, just as they occur.

In the awakened state/condition, True Wisdom (prajna) informs one's response and behavior, which is given instantly with true Compassion (karuna).

As I see it,

regards,

--Joe