Trying to live a right life

All things related to beginning Zen Practice. Here is where to exchange information between those that have already started Zen training and those planning to do so.
fuki

Re: Trying to live a right life

Post by fuki » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:47 am

Linda, I've stood in the face on drawn guns and knives, for me fear just doesn't make sense, it's part of my old life.
But it's not about you or me now (if you catch the drift) hence I made a difference for expedient-thingy sakes.
I'm happy if people have a "desire" of trying to live a "right life" it beats not caring or indifference, there's no right life relating to "view" but ofcourse there is relating to conduct, so conventional language of ppl saying and trying to life right is no problem for me, I support them.
:115:
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/

IZIhttp://www.zeninstitute.org/en/iziae/main.html

lindama

Post by lindama » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:10 am

yes Fuki, thanks for the wise and compassionate words. We all do the best we can, no blame.

Yet, for me, zen practice is about not believing our stories. At least that had a prominent place in my past... yes, ofc, we can't make ourselves do such things. I often think of our friend Oushi in such cases.... he was a passionate supporter of offering the full teaching to all as the deepest love and respect for one's humanity and possibility. very Linji ..... we see where it got him, sigh.

fuki wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:47 am
Linda, I've stood in the face on drawn guns and knives, for me fear just doesn't make sense, it's part of my old life.
But it's not about you or me now (if you catch the drift) hence I made a difference for expedient-thingy sakes.
I'm happy if people have a "desire" of trying to live a "right life" it beats not caring or indifference, there's no right life relating to "view" but ofcourse there is relating to conduct, so conventional language of ppl saying and trying to life right is no problem for me, I support them.

fuki

Post by fuki » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:18 am

lindama wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:10 am
Yet, for me, zen practice is about not believing our stories.
True dear Friend, but it's rare to meet someone who has uprooted all imagination, but I understand and appreciate the light and angle of vision you're sharing. Like Joe you bring out the best in us (even when it's the worst) ;)
But I'm refraining from mentioning "true zen practise", one gets pinned down as "non-dual" "hindu" or whatever ppl imagine anyways, it's a forum afterall, so it's more about "people" for me, not as a choice, purr from the cats. :cat:
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/

IZIhttp://www.zeninstitute.org/en/iziae/main.html

avisitor

Post by avisitor » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:41 pm

lindama wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:39 am
It has nothing to do with fear. It just makes sense to avoid it.
Sure, when conditions allow for this avoidance
Someone once said that the lamp is connected to the floor and the floor is connected to the building which is connected to the ground which is connected to the earth which is connected to the universe. That we are apart of it all. If there is no separation then how can one avoid oneself?
lindama wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:10 am
I often think of our friend Oushi in such cases.... he was a passionate supporter of offering the full teaching to all as the deepest love and respect for one's humanity and possibility. very Linji ..... we see where it got him, sigh.
Reminds me of another story of a man who gave of himself and ended being crucified at the hands of Romans at the request of the religious leaders of his own people.

Thank you Linda. You certainly provide food for thought.