Forum Status Updates

Get news and information about the forum.

Moderator: Spiritual Do-gooder

User avatar
Dan74
Site Admin
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 am
Location: Lyss, Switzerland

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Dan74 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:31 pm

Excellent!!! I will let the two people who queried it know.

User avatar
E.T.
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:18 pm
Location: 56.3322 N 9.2977 E
Contact:

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by E.T. » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:19 pm

Well, I do have one: zenforum.international
If that name 'offend' anyone; how about zenspace.international?

I will merely be the background tech. Someone else need to be admin on the board.
E.T.
Buddhist Society (of Denmark) https://buddhistisksamfund.dk
Havredal Zendo https://havredalzendo.dk

User avatar
Fruitzilla
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:36 am
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Fruitzilla » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:43 pm

I'm here now! :hatsoff:

User avatar
E.T.
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:18 pm
Location: 56.3322 N 9.2977 E
Contact:

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by E.T. » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:10 pm

zenspace.international is set up w. phpbb & ready if needed.

The server here is the best, fastest and most reliable I have been using so far (20+ years)
Buddhist Society (of Denmark) https://buddhistisksamfund.dk
Havredal Zendo https://havredalzendo.dk

User avatar
Dan74
Site Admin
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 am
Location: Lyss, Switzerland

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Dan74 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:57 pm

Fruitzilla wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:43 pm
I'm here now! :hatsoff:
:109:

Glad you made it, Erik!
E.T. wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:10 pm
zenspace.international is set up w. phpbb & ready if needed.

The server here is the best, fastest and most reliable I have been using so far (20+ years)
This is cool and I wonder if it is possible to mirror the Forum, so that if it goes down here, we can quickly point the url to yours and continue almost seemlessly? Is that a silly question?? (I am no techie)

User avatar
E.T.
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:18 pm
Location: 56.3322 N 9.2977 E
Contact:

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by E.T. » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:26 pm

Best I can think of is duplicating the structure & setup.
Then the DB needs copying as often as possible. If a couple of people have access to both servers, then not much would be lost.
Buddhist Society (of Denmark) https://buddhistisksamfund.dk
Havredal Zendo https://havredalzendo.dk

User avatar
E.T.
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:18 pm
Location: 56.3322 N 9.2977 E
Contact:

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by E.T. » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:28 pm

Clouds can be used & syncing between servers via these clouds can be set up, but the DB can not be synced this way without backing it up to a file first.
Buddhist Society (of Denmark) https://buddhistisksamfund.dk
Havredal Zendo https://havredalzendo.dk

User avatar
Dan74
Site Admin
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 am
Location: Lyss, Switzerland

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Dan74 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:00 pm

Thank you, El G.

You keep us afloat. :bow2:

User avatar
KeithA
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:19 am

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by KeithA » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:30 am

Dan74 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:00 pm
Thank you, El G.

You keep us afloat. :bow2:
Indeed...thanks El G. :hatsoff:
You make, you get.

New Haven Zen Center

User avatar
lobster
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:47 am

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by lobster » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:12 am

The forum goes down? I thought it was a feature/teaching? Ah well ... :114:

:113:

Many thanks to all involved in keeping us safe from spambots ( some of my favourite cyber friends :shock: ) malware, malaware and cyber zen-ware promotion (commercial data mining) :bow2:

Maybe the Buddha will steal my identity for dubious purposes?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_theft

:113:

User avatar
Fruitzilla
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:36 am
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Fruitzilla » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:10 pm

KeithA wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:30 am
Dan74 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:00 pm
Thank you, El G.

You keep us afloat. :bow2:
Indeed...thanks El G. :hatsoff:
Thirded! :115:

User avatar
Dan74
Site Admin
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 am
Location: Lyss, Switzerland

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Dan74 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:34 pm

Not much activity down here either. Just wondering if it's still possible to post?

User avatar
Wayfarer
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:42 am
Location: Sydney AU
Contact:

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Wayfarer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:56 am

A suggestion: the thread a wrote a couple of weeks back ‘Entering the Zen Path’ has by now faded off the front page, as threads will always do.

So I propose re-posting it as a ‘sticky post’ in the Beginner’s section as an introductory article. I am intending to do more of the same on various topics relating to the Zen path. (I intend to write the posts on the basis of published posts on reputable sites and books, and will provide all necessary acknowledgements.)

I am proposing that these articles be reviewed by mods and admins prior to going live and are then presented as “FYI Articles” rather than ‘topics for debate’ (although of course anything in them can be debated in the appropriate forum. But I have the idea that if they attract debates they will tend to loose their status as ‘informational articles’. But this is one of the points I want to discuss.)

I’m also considering creating a User ID like ‘Zen Space’ or ‘Moderators’ to post under, to reflect that the FYI posts are not the work of an individual but are ‘editorial articles’ provided ‘for the information of visitors and registered users’.

What do we think?
The most important thing is not at all important.

User avatar
jundocohen
Posts: 604
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by jundocohen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:17 am

Wayfarer wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:56 am
A suggestion: the thread a wrote a couple of weeks back ‘Entering the Zen Path’ has by now faded off the front page, as threads will always do.

So I propose re-posting it as a ‘sticky post’ in the Beginner’s section as an introductory article. I am intending to do more of the same on various topics relating to the Zen path. (I intend to write the posts on the basis of published posts on reputable sites and books, and will provide all necessary acknowledgements.)

I am proposing that these articles be reviewed by mods and admins prior to going live and are then presented as “FYI Articles” rather than ‘topics for debate’ (although of course anything in them can be debated in the appropriate forum. But I have the idea that if they attract debates they will tend to loose their status as ‘informational articles’. But this is one of the points I want to discuss.)

I’m also considering creating a User ID like ‘Zen Space’ or ‘Moderators’ to post under, to reflect that the FYI posts are not the work of an individual but are ‘editorial articles’ provided ‘for the information of visitors and registered users’.

What do we think?
I am working on an introductory "How to Shikantaza" that was requested.

Gassho, Jundo
Teacher at Treeleaf Zendo, a Soto Zen Sangha, an online practice place for folks who cannot commute to a Zen Center due to health, living in remote areas, work or family needs. The focus is Shikantaza 'Just Sitting' Zazen http://www.treeleaf.org

User avatar
lindama
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:20 pm
Location: Forestville, CA

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by lindama » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:31 am

a bibliography would be good, not too long

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:02 am
Location: Zandvoort, The Netherlands

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by fuki » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:41 am

jundocohen wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:17 am
I am working on an introductory "How to Shikantaza" that was requested.

Gassho, Jundo
Straight from the horse's mouth, great!
Would like to see a subforum for teachers to "drop" their introductions. (practise/bio etc)
And it can be linked within Wayfarer's sticky thread as well which will lead to the designated subforum,
each teacher his/her own coloury text would be handy.
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/

IZIhttp://www.zeninstitute.org/en/iziae/main.html

User avatar
bokki
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by bokki » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:40 pm

LOL
it seems to work well

lool


LLLOOOLLL

u just changed d forum face?

lol
Another log on the fire,
10,000 frogs singing in the rain,
burst into flames.
- Linda Anderson

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:02 am
Location: Zandvoort, The Netherlands

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by fuki » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Thanks for the new feature el G :559:

cant see any errors so far, only adding attachments is no longer possible, it worked this morning. (see james's/ fuki post in the photo thread

edit: it works only not due to my camera being silly again
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/

IZIhttp://www.zeninstitute.org/en/iziae/main.html

User avatar
Wayfarer
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:42 am
Location: Sydney AU
Contact:

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Wayfarer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:55 pm

Thanks El G, I confirm I can select the new skin, although at the top left it still has the generic graphic.
The most important thing is not at all important.

Caodemarte
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:02 pm

Re: Forum Status Updates

Post by Caodemarte » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:25 am

So 🍊! I like it.

Post Reply