A good-bye and a big thank-you to El Gatito in his role as the Systems Admin

Get news and information about the forum.

Moderator: Spiritual Do-gooder

Dan74
Site Admin

A good-bye and a big thank-you to El Gatito in his role as the Systems Admin

Post by Dan74 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:39 pm

El Gatito, the Forum Creator and Technical Admin, has decided to step down from this role and remain as a member.

Let's all join in thanking him for everything he's done for the Forum. I don't like to give long speeches etc but throughout he's been a top guy, reliable, sharp, efficient and (mosty) patient with his dim-witted colleagues.

This also means that we need a new Technical Admin. Hope someone with the appropriate skills, will put his/her hand up...

jundocohen

Re: A good-bye and a big thank-you to El Gatito in his role as the Systems Admin

Post by jundocohen » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:44 pm

Dan74 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:39 pm
El Gatito, the Forum Creator and Technical Admin, has decided to step down from this role and remain as a member.

Let's all join in thanking him for everything he's done for the Forum. I don't like to give long speeches etc but throughout he's been a top guy, reliable, sharp, efficient and (mosty) patient with his dim-witted colleagues.

This also means that we need a new Technical Admin. Hope someone with the appropriate skills, will put his/her hand up...
Much gratitude to him for keeping this place going, sometimes with spit and duct tape. Many bows.

Gassho, Jundo
Teacher at Treeleaf Zendo, a Soto Zen Sangha, an online practice place for folks who cannot commute to a Zen Center due to health, living in remote areas, work or family needs. The focus is Shikantaza 'Just Sitting' Zazen http://www.treeleaf.org

fuki

Re: A good-bye and a big thank-you to El Gatito in his role as the Systems Admin

Post by fuki » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:50 pm

Dan74 wrote:

Forever in your debt El G! :bow2:

:115:

:cat:
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/

IZIhttp://www.zeninstitute.org/en/iziae/main.html

bokki

Post by bokki » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:53 pm

ohh, i just cant believe this..
u just started a good thing, u, where r u going now?

DANG!

u certainly have ur reasons, ! but how come, you made a zen forum for god sakes!

DANG!

NO!
Another log on the fire,
10,000 frogs singing in the rain,
burst into flames.
- Linda Anderson

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:56 pm

Yes, thanks El G. Without you there obviously would not have been a Zen Space.
:bow2:

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:14 pm

Dan74 wrote:
If we can't find a volunteer could we chip in financially & outsource?

lindama

Post by lindama » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:11 pm

Many thanks ElG :111:

:115:

:chicken:
linda

Great Sage EofH

Post by Great Sage EofH » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:29 pm

Dan74 wrote:

Thanks El Gatito! Good job!!
--- Eric H., also know as Sun Wu Kong, "an authentic genuine human being"
Birth is thus
Death is thus
Verse or no verse
What’s the fuss?

Nothing

Post by Nothing » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:01 pm

Thank you for creating this space El Gatito , very good job :bow2:

Gasshou

Victor

[james]

Post by [james] » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:21 pm

Elton Gatito,
Thank you very much.
I hope you will be an ongoing contributor here.
james

Dan74
Site Admin

Post by Dan74 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Outsourcing is an idea, since so far no one's put their hand up to take it over. I will start making some inquiries.

E.T.

Post by E.T. » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:21 am

Yes, indeed thank you for starting & maintaining this until now.

I believe I 'put my hand up' a couple of times already. Free hosting for the foreseeable future and my tech help as far as I am capable.
Buddhist Society (of Denmark) https://buddhistisksamfund.dk
Havredal Zendo https://havredalzendo.dk

Fruitzilla

Post by Fruitzilla » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:57 am

I'll put my hand op too. I've been building/maintaining Linux systems for about 20 years now, so I'm sure I can be of use.

Dan74
Site Admin

Post by Dan74 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:25 am

This is great, E.T. and Fruitzilla!!! Thank you!!! :namaste:

Once Meido has internet access again, the four of us will get a chance to talk about it and figure out the way forward. We'll be in touch but might take a few weeks.

_/|\_

Fruitzilla

Post by Fruitzilla » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Dan74 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:25 am
This is great, E.T. and Fruitzilla!!! Thank you!!! :namaste:

Once Meido has internet access again, the four of us will get a chance to talk about it and figure out the way forward. We'll be in touch but might take a few weeks.

_/|\_
You're quite welcome! I'll be watching my inbox in a few weeks.

Caodemarte

Post by Caodemarte » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Thank you El Gatito.

bokki

Post by bokki » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:38 pm

thank u very much 4 d clarification, ElG!
i have a very similar view, plz excuse me:
if any1 wants to make his personal internet dojo, with his followers, his sangha, following his ideas, that is excellent.
but, a open zen forum, a zen city square, zen market place, a zen Hide Park corner, a free place to discuss and joke, rant and banter is what ill b into, not ones dojo..

thnx 4 starting this! tho, and sharing ur ideas. i think i understand.
b
Another log on the fire,
burst into flames.
- Linda Anderson

Dan74
Site Admin

Post by Dan74 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:52 pm

When a forum has many rooms, one can be more like a dojo (because some see value in this), others like a Zen hyde park corner (because others prefer this), we just need to learn which is which, which is surely not too onerous.

But in all sincerity 'his personal internet dojo' I find pretty lowbrow and incorrect about someone who's given a great deal to this place. Especially coming from a member whose posts have been reported the most, who's apologised many times and been cut a great deal of slack. Too much I am beginning to think...

bokki

Post by bokki » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:22 pm

But in all sincerity 'his personal internet dojo' I find pretty lowbrow and incorrect about someone who's given a great deal to this place. Especially coming from a member whose posts have been reported the most, who's apologised many times and been cut a great deal of slack. Too much I am beginning to think...
i expressed my view on what i think, thus "view".
i said "if anyone wants to make his.."..i did not mean jc, if thats what u want to say..
i reported my own post once.
i apologise many times, yes.

who r u 2 cut me any slack. no thnx, not interested.
do what u want with my posts, move or d e l e t e them .
or, else, ban me.

funny, tho, a post i thought was an opinion, a general one, in which im sure i meant no offense 2 anybody, should get such a reaction.
maybe u misunderstood my post, i hope so, since that post is one of the least id expect such reaction.
"too much, i think.."
i think 2 much.

thnx 4 that post of urs.
Another log on the fire,
burst into flames.
- Linda Anderson