Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Moderator: Spiritual Do-gooder

User avatar
Larry
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:17 am

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by Larry » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:21 pm

lobster wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:54 am
I am a great believer in life as a recovery from Zen.
:waving:

User avatar
Larry
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:17 am

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by Larry » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:22 pm

I found Inner Child work very helpful in the past.

My plan, this year, is to do the Hoffman Process. Has anyone got any thoughts on that one?

User avatar
Dan74
Site Admin
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 am
Location: Lyss, Switzerland

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by Dan74 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:58 pm

Sounds almost magical: https://www.google.ch/amp/s/amp.theguar ... hoanalysis

I must say I am intrigued.

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:02 am
Location: Zandvoort, The Netherlands

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by fuki » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:50 pm

Larry wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:22 pm
I found Inner Child work very helpful in the past.

My plan, this year, is to do the Hoffman Process. Has anyone got any thoughts on that one?
As long as the process is not done in a scientology building you should be good :lol:

Read a few links but not much wiser guess you have to experience it first. :D

If you do let us know.
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/

IZIhttp://www.zeninstitute.org/en/iziae/main.html

User avatar
lindama
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:20 pm
Location: Forestville, CA

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by lindama » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:41 am

Dilgo Dhyentse Rimpoche to meet someone.jpg
Dilgo Dhyentse Rimpoche to meet someone.jpg (67.82 KiB) Viewed 215 times

User avatar
Larry
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:17 am

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by Larry » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:40 am

Wonderful! The focal point of synchronicities, in my month in the Philippines, was the gift of problems.

:111:

User avatar
lindama
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:20 pm
Location: Forestville, CA

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by lindama » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:55 am

my first and beloved teacher who was not a Buddist in name, but in heart, always asked .... how does it serve? :111:

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:02 am
Location: Zandvoort, The Netherlands

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by fuki » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:04 am

This could serve in the light of therapy for some.

https://youtu.be/to7ZaKMczSQ
https://youtu.be/wuC0Y1sOTNM

Dates 2018
http://www.emaho.ws/page.html
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/

IZIhttp://www.zeninstitute.org/en/iziae/main.html

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:02 am
Location: Zandvoort, The Netherlands

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by fuki » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:09 am

lindama wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:41 am
Dilgo Dhyentse Rimpoche to meet someone.jpg
True Linda, however this is from the heart, it is wordless. "Mind transforming" such intellectual notions/emotional reactivity again could serve as spiritual bypassing or to manipulate and abuse people. Please be careful.
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/

IZIhttp://www.zeninstitute.org/en/iziae/main.html

User avatar
Larry
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:17 am

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by Larry » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:37 pm

fuki wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:50 pm
you should be good
Now there's a challenge :lol:

User avatar
Larry
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:17 am

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by Larry » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:07 pm

fuki wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:50 pm
As long as the process is not done in a scientology building you should be good :lol:
:lol:
Funny you should say that. One of the most powerful processes I ever did was an "Enlightenment Intensive" developed by Charles Berner, a former President of The Church of Scientology of California. That was when I was briefly living in a hippy commune back in 1997.

Fortunately I didn't end up in L. Ron Hubbard's UFO, being flown into a volcano, to be blasted with H-bombs :lol:

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:02 am
Location: Zandvoort, The Netherlands

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by fuki » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:45 pm

Glad you didn't Larry, anyone trapped in that cult would defo need 13 trillion years of therapy after that! Sick stuff.
3d9b049f4f945ce66c0121e761a7836b.jpg
3d9b049f4f945ce66c0121e761a7836b.jpg (70.49 KiB) Viewed 162 times
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/

IZIhttp://www.zeninstitute.org/en/iziae/main.html

User avatar
Larry
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:17 am

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by Larry » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:32 pm

Despite it's origins, the "Enlightenment Intensive" process itself is not as dark as you suggest. For example, I know a Rinzai Roshi in London, Julian Daizan Skinner, who uses the process as the foundation of 3 day intensive Zen retreats. And I enjoyed reading his "Practical Zen: Meditation & Beyond" while I was in the Philippines.

User avatar
Anders
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:28 pm

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by Anders » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:37 pm

Larry wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:22 pm
I found Inner Child work very helpful in the past.

My plan, this year, is to do the Hoffman Process. Has anyone got any thoughts on that one?
Inner Child work has also been very powerful for me and a very direct way of making contact with some deepseated emotions in a natural way.

I've not done the Hoffman Process, but can vouch for the fact that group therapy can be remarkably powerful and can trigger processes that would never be possible in 1-on-1 sessions with a therapist.

User avatar
lindama
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:20 pm
Location: Forestville, CA

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by lindama » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:43 pm

fuki wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:09 am
lindama wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:41 am
Dilgo Dhyentse Rimpoche to meet someone.jpg
True Linda, however this is from the heart, it is wordless. "Mind transforming" such intellectual notions/emotional reactivity again could serve as spiritual bypassing or to manipulate and abuse people. Please be careful.
true, Fuki. it could be used as a spiritual bypass... it could be used as a green light for bad behavior. HHDK is not using it that way. He is using it as a developmental perspective. Things happen, no amount of healing work can change what happened. It's our brave heart that holds us under her wing, just as a mother does.

One of my early teachings was on betrayal by James Hillman (Jungian analyst) in the book, Loose Ends.

User avatar
Larry
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:17 am

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by Larry » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:08 pm

Anders wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:37 pm
I've not done the Hoffman Process, but can vouch for the fact that group therapy can be remarkably powerful and can trigger processes that would never be possible in 1-on-1 sessions with a therapist.
My daughter has been doing a lot of intensive group work in an Osho centre for the last 6 months. She also finds it very powerful.

Sorry to mention Osho on the same day as Scientology :hide:

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:02 am
Location: Zandvoort, The Netherlands

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by fuki » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:20 pm

Larry wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:32 pm
Despite it's origins, the "Enlightenment Intensive" process itself is not as dark as you suggest. For example, I know a Rinzai Roshi in London, Julian Daizan Skinner, who uses the process as the foundation of 3 day intensive Zen retreats. And I enjoyed reading his "Practical Zen: Meditation & Beyond" while I was in the Philippines.

I was referring to the cult aspect of scientology (one's your in it) being seperated from family/friends, having no money of your own, no connection to the outside world, the physical,sexual,psychological abuse which happens in scientology, the brainwashing etc. Very sick cult, all governments should forbid the "church's" existence. Some countries accept their religious status, other countries (france if memory serves) have deemed them as a cult, I dunno. When I walk through Amsterdam I always walk past their building (always closed) I :116: everytime I do, part of me wants to become godzilla (the japanese thingy) and crush it under my feet. It destroys entire families.
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/

IZIhttp://www.zeninstitute.org/en/iziae/main.html

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 1272
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:02 am
Location: Zandvoort, The Netherlands

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by fuki » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:22 pm

lindama wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:43 pm
true, Fuki. it could be used as a spiritual bypass... it could be used as a green light for bad behavior. HHDK is not using it that way. He is using it as a developmental perspective. Things happen, no amount of healing work can change what happened. It's our brave heart that holds us under her wing, just as a mother does.

One of my early teachings was on betrayal by James Hillman (Jungian analyst) in the book, Loose Ends.

Thanks Linda, yes I was referring to all the times I see ppl quote something similair while looking away from bad shit (and their own abusive history) and excusing it for the sake of "compassion" (religious conditioning)
:110:
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/

IZIhttp://www.zeninstitute.org/en/iziae/main.html

User avatar
Fruitzilla
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:36 am
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by Fruitzilla » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:04 pm

fuki wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:20 pm
Larry wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:32 pm
Despite it's origins, the "Enlightenment Intensive" process itself is not as dark as you suggest. For example, I know a Rinzai Roshi in London, Julian Daizan Skinner, who uses the process as the foundation of 3 day intensive Zen retreats. And I enjoyed reading his "Practical Zen: Meditation & Beyond" while I was in the Philippines.

I was referring to the cult aspect of scientology (one's your in it) being seperated from family/friends, having no money of your own, no connection to the outside world, the physical,sexual,psychological abuse which happens in scientology, the brainwashing etc. Very sick cult, all governments should forbid the "church's" existence. Some countries accept their religious status, other countries (france if memory serves) have deemed them as a cult, I dunno. When I walk through Amsterdam I always walk past their building (always closed) I :116: everytime I do, part of me wants to become godzilla (the japanese thingy) and crush it under my feet. It destroys entire families.
They clearly are a cult no? By the way, they moved out of their building in Amsterdam. It's being demolished on the inside last I saw. I liked that :113:

User avatar
lindama
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:20 pm
Location: Forestville, CA

Re: Therapeutic Complements to Zen

Post by lindama » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:13 pm

Anders wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:37 pm
I've not done the Hoffman Process, but can vouch for the fact that group therapy can be remarkably powerful and can trigger processes that would never be possible in 1-on-1 sessions with a therapist.
very powerful. My first dip into the pool was a 2-wk workshop. it triggered things that I could not connect with myself.... I had never seen or experienced anything like it. we all carry similar dynamics. I'd say for me, there came a time when it was time to stop. Looking back, it is also a re-wounding yet it was needed and valuable at the time. I'm talking about intense cathartic work as well as other circles with a more mature discussion of similar intensity. It's the catharsis that needed to stop. There are mature parts of us that can hold the process.

Post Reply