Heaven and Hell

Crystal

Re: Heaven and Hell

Post by Crystal » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:23 pm

bodhi wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:34 pm
Crystal wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:06 am
bodhi wrote:We need to take into consideration the the fact that “heaven” and “hell” are emotion concepts that are imparted to us by our culture, and which are linked to interoceptive sensations and our conditioning (such as to emoticons),
NO. My objection to jumping emoticons around a screen has nothing to do with my emotions or conditioning, it's because I get visual migraine.
Sorry to hear that. My wife gets nasty migraines so I know how bad they can be. If you’re interested in a practical solution see my post in the nothing goes topic.
Thanks, I have responded in that topic.

Galefargion

Post by Galefargion » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:58 pm

I often wonder, on the subject of what is considered heaven and hell being only perception: How does one conquer the perception of physical hell? How does one consider being cut by the sword heaven?

Crystal

Post by Crystal » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:50 pm

Galefargion wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:58 pm
I often wonder, on the subject of what is considered heaven and hell being only perception: How does one conquer the perception of physical hell? How does one consider being cut by the sword heaven?
By relaxing and doing some meditation ?

:558:

desert_woodworker

Post by desert_woodworker » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:34 pm

G.,
Galefargion wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:58 pm
How does one conquer the perception of physical hell? How does one consider being cut by the sword heaven?
Welcome!

I think there is no "perception of a physical hell". If there were such an actual perception, there would be no doubt about the probable reality of an actual hell.

"Being cut by the sword of heaven" is a phrase I've never encountered, and cannot parse, and I find no meaning in it.

--Joe

fuki

Post by fuki » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:49 pm

Let's assume there is a "physical" hell (like in the human books)
once in that hell, what book will there be in hell to speak of a hell beyond, I mean their/"that" hell will be like our "earth" it can always get worse right? since once found in "hell" hell ain't a bad designated place, once you're there too will be stories of heaven and hells too, since in any place we can imagine things to be better or worse, so hell can never be hell unless you call it "planet/sfere so and so" Our so called birth on earth is imagined too ofcourse, so sure there are myriad of different settings or "planets" one can take 'birth' in. Nevertheless there is no other Nirvana then what you are, whether in heaven, earth or hell, and one mans heaven is anothers hell, so it's all relative.

meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/

IZIhttp://www.zeninstitute.org/en/iziae/main.html