A Small Mischaracterization ..

Discussion of Zen Buddhism, Soto Zen, Rinzai Zen, Chan, Seon and Thien.
Larry

Re: A Small Mischaracterization ..

Post by Larry » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:55 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:39 pm
A caution is also that if someone is a "favorite", it may be because that person is not a challenge to you at all (the general-"you"), but safely leaves you alone with your ego. No ground gets tilled, and one remains in one's comfort-zone, which is definitely not the liberation-zone.
Interesting point. You, yourself, can be quite challenging at times. But I always learn from it.

:bow2:

desert_woodworker

Post by desert_woodworker » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:05 pm

Lar.,
Larry wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:55 pm
desert_woodworker wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:39 pm
A caution is also that if someone is a "favorite", it may be because that person is not a challenge to you at all (the general-"you"), but safely leaves you alone with your ego. No ground gets tilled, and one remains in one's comfort-zone, which is definitely not the liberation-zone.
Interesting point. You, yourself, can be quite challenging at times. But I always learn from it.

:bow2:
I have to learn from when I'm challenging, too. Cripes knows I don't mean to be.

Radical (?) truth-telling can get a person into a notorious position, and sometimes not appreciated. Still, with Bodhisattva Vows behind one's movements and non-movements, one can occasionally be misconstrued. Or, properly construed. ;-) (or, properly screwed).

Twenty-five years ago I read Brad Blanton's RADICAL HONESTY: it didn't change me fundamentally, but made me a little more loose.

Larry, you're one generous fellow. Wish we could shake on something (in person); like, "Pretty neat Universe, eh?" You buy the first round... . And we'll gab. You bet we will.

Yours,

--Joe

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:49 am

desert_woodworker wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:05 pm
Larry, you're one generous fellow....You buy the first round
Neat bit of NLP :lol:

Cheers!