Buddha Nature

Discussion of Zen Buddhism.
loves' the unjust

Buddha Nature

Post by loves' the unjust » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:25 am

What is buddhanature?

Can we say the sixth step in ten bulls
as the first glimpse of the buddhanature?

any thoughts comments welcome
gentleness and frustration in different form of coctails is my present psychology

Thank you, dad.

onefrogj@yahoo.com

loves' the unjust

Re: Buddha Nature

Post by loves' the unjust » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:16 pm

one's true ground
bokki
gentleness and frustration in different form of coctails is my present psychology

Thank you, dad.

onefrogj@yahoo.com

bokki

Post by bokki » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:28 pm

lol, i love your gentle sarcasm, i laugh, happy to see.
well; just my opinion, the true ground, nature is seen even in the third, 3, picture.
a glimpse of the ox ars.
btw, yes, my nature, but everyone's and of everything.
the 10 pictures are a beautiful thing.
thnx, enver
Another log on the fire,
10,000 frogs singing in the rain,
burst into flames.
- Linda Anderson

bokki

Post by bokki » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:39 pm

Another log on the fire,
10,000 frogs singing in the rain,
burst into flames.
- Linda Anderson

loves' the unjust

Post by loves' the unjust » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:33 pm

:hatsoff:

Thank you, dad.

onefrogj@yahoo.com

Spike

Post by Spike » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Now my teisho begins. Joshu Osho was a Zen master of the Tang dynasty, about 1100 years ago. Once Joshu Osho and a Zen monk were talking. A Zen monk is different from a Catholic monk. A Catholic monk devotes his entire life to God. Once you become a Catholic monk, you have to stay in the monastery and follow its rules all your life. A Catholic monastery creates a different, separate world. Zen students do not have much to do with that isolated world. In a Zen monastery you practice self-realization for a few years and then go back to the world and, after a while, come back again to the monastery. So Joshu Osho and a Zen monk were talking about bussho (Buddha nature). Shakyamuni said that all sentient beings have Buddha nature. \Vhile Joshu Osho and the monk were talking, a puppy dog trotted up. The Zen monk picked up the puppy and asked Joshu Osho, "Does this puppy have Buddha nature as Shak­yamuni said? Is he manifesting Buddha nature now?" Of course, any cat or dog manifests Buddha nature, Shakyamuni said it. But Joshu said, "NO!" Of course "NO." Everything manifests Buddha nature. Everything is illuminating as emptiness or nothingness. If you think you are beautiful or rich or special, then, poor thing, you cannot illuminate as emptiness. There isn't a more pitiable thing than a rich man or a beautiful woman. In Japan there is a proverb that a beautiful woman has an unhappy life. She is unhappy because she cannot manifest her true nature. So Joshu Osho stared at the monk and said, "NO!" This dog is manifesting as nothingness, as "NO!" Do you understand? I do not think the monk understood, just like you, because you are still looking for God and enlightenment as objects. God and enlightenment don't belong to the objective world. Enlighten­ment is shining on your fingertips and on the end of your nose. Please walk carefully and don't fall down on this mountain.

--Joshu Sasaki Roshi: Buddha Is the Center of Gravity