zen space open/receptive

Moderator: fuki

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Location: Zandvoort, the Netherlands

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by fuki » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:33 pm

Nothing wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:53 pm
Avisitor, where do you find these stories/jokes? I like them.
Would like to read some and be "boring" when sharing them :lol:
Does Avi's wife use them as a lullaby perhaps? :lol:

avisitor
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:01 am

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by avisitor » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:58 pm

Nothing wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:53 pm
Avisitor, where do you find these stories/jokes? I like them.
Would like to read some and be "boring" when sharing them :lol:
Google search is a good place to start
I started with stories of Sufi, then Buddha (Zen Koans)
And sometimes even look up jokes
Cause if one can't dance then one must laugh :105:
fuki wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:33 pm
Does Avi's wife use them as a lullaby perhaps? :lol:
Don't know about that
But, it helps put many people to sleep :lol:

Nothing
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:55 am
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Contact:

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by Nothing » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:12 pm

avisitor wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:58 pm
Nothing wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:53 pm
Avisitor, where do you find these stories/jokes? I like them.
Would like to read some and be "boring" when sharing them :lol:
Google search is a good place to start
I started with stories of Sufi, then Buddha (Zen Koans)
And sometimes even look up jokes
Cause if one can't dance then one must laugh :105:
fuki wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:33 pm
Does Avi's wife use them as a lullaby perhaps? :lol:
Don't know about that
But, it helps put many people to sleep :lol:
Never read Sufi stories, will check them, thanks,
Pretty much familiar with the mondos which some of them can also be seen as jokes too 😀

Mostly interested about spiritual jokes, buddhist or any, as those you shared above 🙂
“Here it is--right now. Start thinking about it and you miss it.”
― Huang Po

https://beingwithoutself.org/retreats/

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Location: Zandvoort, the Netherlands

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by fuki » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:26 pm

Nothing wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:12 pm

Mostly interested about spiritual jokes
"Welcome to Earth" :lol:

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Location: Zandvoort, the Netherlands

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by fuki » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:28 pm

avisitor wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:58 pm
But, it helps put many people to sleep :lol:
:lol:

Can you put it on a time-loop then please :lol:

Nothing
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:55 am
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Contact:

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by Nothing » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:52 pm

fuki wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:26 pm
Nothing wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:12 pm

Mostly interested about spiritual jokes
"Welcome to Earth" :lol:
:D no need to google, though i never google :D
“Here it is--right now. Start thinking about it and you miss it.”
― Huang Po

https://beingwithoutself.org/retreats/

avisitor
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:01 am

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by avisitor » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:02 am

Two friends meet in the street.
One says, "Hi, how are you?"'
The other ones answers, "I'm fine, thanks. And how's your daughter? Is she still unemployed?"
First one says, "Yes, she is. But now, she is meditating."
The other one asks, "Meditating? What's that?"
First one says, "I don't know. But it's better than sitting around and doing nothing!"
:hide:

My teacher wasn't a Buddhist in the strict sense of the word.
His attitude was to be open and receptive of all religions because they were all paths going to the same place
My time with him was short. Would spend many hours just meditating.
Anyway, This is how I learned about Sufism, The Fourth Way (Gurdjieff), Mysticism.
My Asian background always had Buddhism in one form or another.
So, I am not a Buddhist. But, am attracted to Chan or Zen.
Okay, boring enough??

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Location: Zandvoort, the Netherlands

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by fuki » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:21 am

avisitor wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:02 am
Two friends meet in the street.
One says, "Hi, how are you?"'
The other ones answers, "I'm fine, thanks. And how's your daughter? Is she still unemployed?"
First one says, "Yes, she is. But now, she is meditating."
The other one asks, "Meditating? What's that?"
First one says, "I don't know. But it's better than sitting around and doing nothing!"
:hide:
:lol:
So, I am not a Buddhist. But, am attracted to Chan or Zen.
There are no Buddhists anyway, only empty costumes pieced together from discarded bits of imagination :mrgreen:

Just as a tree is made from that which isn't a tree, so is Buddhism made of that which isn't Buddhism, causes and conditions locally known as Buddhism are only for navigational purposes, just like if you need bread you know to look for a sign called "bakery" Even then there is no baker without a customer coming in the store and asking for some bread, Chan/Zen is like that too, we only speak of Chan as a response or function, which is a part of the function of the totality of manifestation, in itself there is no such thing ofcourse as "Chan" or a "Bakery" I share the same attraction you have with Chan or Bun-dharma.
Okay, boring enough??
Deliciously boring!

Larry
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:49 am

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by Larry » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:54 am

fuki wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:21 am
avisitor wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:02 am
Okay, boring enough??
Deliciously boring!
:lol:

I don’t agree. I think he needs to try harder :lol:

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Location: Zandvoort, the Netherlands

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by fuki » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:16 pm

:lol:

you might have a point, still too much seasoning for a proper boring experience :lol:

avisitor
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:01 am

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by avisitor » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:45 pm

Here is another story/joke

Three monks gathered together
The first monk said that his master is so disciplined that he can go without eating for a week.
The second monk said that his master is so powerful that he can go without sleep for a week.
The third monk said that his master is the best cause he eats when he is hungry and sleeps when he is tired.

Maybe Jundo was right, Flat earth seems reasonable to me ... :114:

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Location: Zandvoort, the Netherlands

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by fuki » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:20 pm

I'm now a moderator of the forum, so any reported posts I can now review.
But I think it's wonderful that after 1275 posts there are no reports and the forum has been as active as it has been.
Thought it be handy to let you all know this, if ppl have any concerns/ideas etc feel free to PM.

Let's see what happens in the future regarding "zenspace"
wanted to thank everyone for registering/contributing/reading, I certainly didn't expect this much activity when Clyde made this into "fuki's place" I will do my best to watch the self/mind and one day with the help of all friends drop the self for good, which is my wish for all beings ofcourse.
:115:

User avatar
jundocohen
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 4:02 pm

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by jundocohen » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:56 pm

fuki wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:20 pm
I'm now a moderator of the forum, so any reported posts I can now review.
But I think it's wonderful that after 1275 posts there are no reports and the forum has been as active as it has been.
Thought it be handy to let you all know this, if ppl have any concerns/ideas etc feel free to PM.

Let's see what happens in the future regarding "zenspace"
wanted to thank everyone for registering/contributing/reading, I certainly didn't expect this much activity when Clyde made this into "fuki's place" I will do my best to watch the self/mind and one day with the help of all friends drop the self for good, which is my wish for all beings ofcourse.
:115:
Thank you for making such a nice place.

p22
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 7:49 pm

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by p22 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:54 pm

:bow2:

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Location: Zandvoort, the Netherlands

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by fuki » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:12 pm

jundocohen wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:56 pm

Thank you for making such a nice place.
Thanks Jundo, happy you're here.
ps if you ever find us all over the place with no clear direction, just let us exhaust ourselfs. :D


avisitor
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:01 am

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by avisitor » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:12 am

fuki wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:20 pm
I'm now a moderator of the forum, so any reported posts I can now review.
But I think it's wonderful that after 1275 posts there are no reports and the forum has been as active as it has been.
Thought it be handy to let you all know this, if ppl have any concerns/ideas etc feel free to PM.

Let's see what happens in the future regarding "zenspace"
wanted to thank everyone for registering/contributing/reading, I certainly didn't expect this much activity when Clyde made this into "fuki's place" I will do my best to watch the self/mind and one day with the help of all friends drop the self for good, which is my wish for all beings ofcourse.
:115:
Well, it has now turned quiet here.
Joe went about his usual business
Jundo probably has other things to attend to
And other members just don't have much to say.

I have been spending more time on you tube for talks on the Dharma
Tough part about it is listening to the speaker drone on and on about nothing before getting into the topic
Found G******* and S******* do that often.
Sorry, short attention span and very impatient.
Guess not cut out for this type of thing?? :114:

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Location: Zandvoort, the Netherlands

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by fuki » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:24 am

avisitor wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:12 am
Sorry, short attention span and very impatient.
Guess not cut out for this type of thing?? :114:
I'm also not cut out for types of things avi, can hardly sit through a few minutes of a dharma talk...but somehow when it's Guo Gu after 90 minutes I'm like.."is it over, so soon?" :lol: So I guess there needs to be a click first with a teacher. Also never been a big reader but lately "magically" books pop up from unexpected directions which are just the right fit. I've never forced myself to read/listen/practise anything in particular.

And still nature/animals/insects are my biggest inspiration for practising buddhadharma. 🐝🐞🕷

ps yes the forum inhabitants are on a "silent" retreat, or retreated from zenspace :lol:

It's ok to be impatient, that's your dharma talk or source of inspiration. :D

User avatar
fuki
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Location: Zandvoort, the Netherlands

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by fuki » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:31 am

ps some members are back to PM'ing like before, back to "fear of public speech" or just more comfortable speaking in private, in any case, sharing is good. :D

p22
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 7:49 pm

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by p22 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:34 am

Well .. A lot is going on in the world right now, so listening to teachers who aren't timid to talk about it I gravitate towards listening to what they have to say-

I'm guessing depending on geographical location, some people take it a bit more seriously than others depending upon if the impact of it is more or less- Some go so far as to dismiss it altogether, and call it practice-

Millions are anticipating homelessness in the US due to evictions and there's lots of people scaling back on their belongings or saying they're seriously considering it-

User avatar
jundocohen
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri May 29, 2020 4:02 pm

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by jundocohen » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:03 pm

Jundo probably has other things to attend to
Foolish! Sometimes saying little or nothing is saying everything.

As the past history of this place, ZFI and DharmaWheel proves, sometimes saying all kinds of words is saying not much at all. :556:

Post Reply