zen space open/receptive

Moderator:fuki

avisitor
Posts:142
Joined:Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:01 am
Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by avisitor » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:15 pm

jundocohen wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:03 pm
Jundo probably has other things to attend to
Foolish! Sometimes saying little or nothing is saying everything.

As the past history of this place, ZFI and DharmaWheel proves, sometimes saying all kinds of words is saying not much at all. :556:
Isn't it wrong to call others foolish.
What were the ten precepts again???
Last edited by avisitor on Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Crystal
Posts:33
Joined:Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:12 pm

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by Crystal » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:28 pm

jundocohen wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:03 pm

Sometimes saying little or nothing is saying everything.
Very true. I always remember a couple of words from my late Tibetan teacher which were "Say less!"

As the past history of this place, ZFI and DharmaWheel proves, sometimes saying all kinds of words is saying not much at all.
Yes, better to stay silent or do something useful, instead of getting caught up in the continuous attention seeking and/or verbal diarrhoea often found on the internet.

All the best to everyone. Byeeee!

.

avisitor
Posts:142
Joined:Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:01 am

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by avisitor » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:32 pm

Crystal wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:28 pm
jundocohen wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:03 pm

Sometimes saying little or nothing is saying everything.
Very true. I always remember a couple of words from my late Tibetan teacher which were "Say less!"

As the past history of this place, ZFI and DharmaWheel proves, sometimes saying all kinds of words is saying not much at all.
Yes, better to stay silent or do something useful, instead of getting caught up in the continuous attention seeking and/or verbal diarrhoea often found on the internet.

All the best to everyone. Byeeee!

.
If this place were a mind then agree
But, a forum lives through its use

metta :waving:

Turtle Clan
Posts:65
Joined:Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:25 pm

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by Turtle Clan » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:38 pm

Crystal wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:28 pm
Yes, better to stay silent or do something useful, instead of getting caught up in the continuous attention seeking and/or verbal diarrhoea often found on the internet.
No need for getting caught up. There is always the possibility of saying something useful.

User avatar
jundocohen
Posts:134
Joined:Fri May 29, 2020 4:02 pm

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by jundocohen » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:33 pm

avisitor wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:15 pm
jundocohen wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:03 pm
Jundo probably has other things to attend to
Foolish! Sometimes saying little or nothing is saying everything.

As the past history of this place, ZFI and DharmaWheel proves, sometimes saying all kinds of words is saying not much at all. :556:
Isn't it wrong to call others foolish.
What were the ten precepts again???
No, the comment was foolish to say I am too busy for this place. The person who speaks is not foolish. So, don't add more foolishness! :111:

And I did not call folks "worthless dregs" and "shavepates" like the Zen masters of old. :104:

User avatar
fuki
Posts:539
Joined:Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Location:Zandvoort, the Netherlands

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by fuki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:18 pm

jundocohen wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:03 pm
sometimes saying all kinds of words is saying not much at all. :556:
True, though (sometimes) it's weird. for instance if I would wake up at your place, Jundo.
We might say goodmorning or nod our heads. and we might not speak at all, yet you still know your guest has gotten out of bed, sometimes in a place like here (dont mean now but on the old places we had long periods of non-speech) you just don't know if guests have actually woken up, just a fun analogy, some ppl are guests and some have become family. So it's good to hear something once in a while, only if ppl feel the same ofcourse, it's not something to reify or make into a "thing"

ps "silence" to me means not taking oneself to be this or that, such and so...the absence of speech is provisionally called silence, but the word silence represents something else to me. One can be silent even during talking.

User avatar
fuki
Posts:539
Joined:Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Location:Zandvoort, the Netherlands

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by fuki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:03 pm

Turtle Clan wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:38 pm


No need for getting caught up. There is always the possibility of saying something useful.
That is a useful comment, it shows that getting caught up has nothing to do with the enviroment but one's "habit energies", It's all good, "caught up" or "released" :D

p22
Posts:285
Joined:Thu May 07, 2020 7:49 pm

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by p22 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:47 pm

I have to agree with Crystal- Some Zen stories are just plain dumb, typed diarrhea- Upon first reading- Then when a circumstance arises, you're like, oh, that stupid story is useful- At other times, it helps one to recognize something else-

Like the story about saying hello to someone for 30+ years, every moring, even though they don't say hello back at you-

avisitor
Posts:142
Joined:Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:01 am

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by avisitor » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:54 am

jundocohen wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:33 pm
No, the comment was foolish to say I am too busy for this place. The person who speaks is not foolish. So, don't add more foolishness! :111:
When someone says something, we assign the words to the person.
Then to say what was said as foolish means to degrade the person saying it.
If you don't believe that then why are Trumps words quoted especially when it is something foolish said (done by his detractors)?

jundocohen wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:33 pm
And I did not call folks "worthless dregs" and "shavepates" like the Zen masters of old. :104:
Those things were said in person.
Don't forget the custom of the time and culture.
So, how and where and when it was said makes a huge difference.

So, it is great that you have time for us on Zen1space.
Thank you. :109:

User avatar
fuki
Posts:539
Joined:Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Location:Zandvoort, the Netherlands

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by fuki » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:26 am

avisitor wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:54 am
When someone says something, we assign the words to the person.
No "never", when this vehicle co-arises with the 'objective world' in the morning, the direction or "assignment" is to feed the cats, where is the need to imagine or inject persons in that? When you see something do you assign the function of seeing to a see-er? If so that is very foolish, how can one assign something to that which isn't, but only imaginary? The function and nature of seeing and speaking is the same in each instrument, it is due to imagining see-ers, and speak-ers and think-ers where there is only seeing, speaking and thinking, distortion occurs only due to the person, creating a private world and a world "out there" imagining there to be seperate see-ers, speak-ers, think-ers etc

If one considers the instrument to be the person, that is foolish, actually it is the root-error.
Jundo already said that the comment was foolish, not the person, persons feel degraded or dignified due to the same error, now if anyone takes a certain comment as offensive or degrading, just say so. Express your feelings and I'm sure someone will apologies.

Feelings are not the problem, the problem is exchanging them for ideas, or binge-thinking, only reifying the root-error.

Call me foolish anytime I say something foolish, please do, I consider it to be a function of friendship! Ofcourse calling something foolish can be from clear/direct perception or from a distorted view, so sometimes calling something foolish, is foolishness. :hatsoff:
So, it is great that you have time for us on Zen1space.
Agreed, however too much foolishness may result in Jundo realizing it's useless if ppl do not have the causes and conditions or willingness to be receptive. Let's not waste a gift, although the gift is already present in each of us. A reminder for myself too.
:namaste:

avisitor
Posts:142
Joined:Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:01 am

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by avisitor » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:48 am

fuki wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:26 am
avisitor wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:54 am
When someone says something, we assign the words to the person.
No "never", when this vehicle co-arises with the 'objective world' in the morning, the direction or "assignment" is to feed the cats, where is the need to imagine or inject persons in that? When you see something do you assign the function of seeing to a see-er? If so that is very foolish, how can one assign something to that which isn't, but only imaginary? The function and nature of seeing and speaking is the same in each instrument, it is due to imagining see-ers, and speak-ers and think-ers where there is only seeing, speaking and thinking, distortion occurs only due to the person, creating a private world and a world "out there" imagining there to be seperate see-ers, speak-ers, think-ers etc

If one considers the instrument to be the person, that is foolish, actually it is the root-error.
Jundo already said that the comment was foolish, not the person, persons feel degraded or dignified due to the same error, now if anyone takes a certain comment as offensive or degrading, just say so. Express your feelings and I'm sure someone will apologies.

Feelings are not the problem, the problem is exchanging them for ideas, or binge-thinking, only reifying the root-error.

Call me foolish anytime I say something foolish, please do, I consider it to be a function of friendship! Ofcourse calling something foolish can be from clear/direct perception or from a distorted view, so sometimes calling something foolish, is foolishness. :hatsoff:
I call that spending way too much time in one's head thinking of the Dharma that it spills out every time one speaks.
Sometimes it is in the appropriate space and sometimes it is not.
So, it is great that you have time for us on Zen1space.
fuki wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:26 am
Agreed, however too much foolishness may result in Jundo realizing it's useless if ppl do not have the causes and conditions or willingness to be receptive. Let's not waste a gift, although the gift is already present in each of us. A reminder for myself too.
:namaste:
Buddha said not to just take his words as true but to go to find out for one's self
Healthy dose of skepticism

Sorry, it has gotten to the point where I need to rest.

User avatar
fuki
Posts:539
Joined:Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Location:Zandvoort, the Netherlands

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by fuki » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:01 am

avisitor wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:48 am
I call that spending way too much time in one's head
Which head are you assigning that to?
Sorry, it has gotten to the point where I need to rest.
Enjoy.
:115:

avisitor
Posts:142
Joined:Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:01 am

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by avisitor » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:36 am

fuki wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:01 am
avisitor wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:48 am
I call that spending way too much time in one's head
Which head are you assigning that to?
How many heads do you have?

User avatar
fuki
Posts:539
Joined:Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Location:Zandvoort, the Netherlands

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by fuki » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:32 am

avisitor wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:36 am

How many heads do you have?
Just the "One" :D
85375e5e67b645526cc5eefa8193ac4b.jpg
85375e5e67b645526cc5eefa8193ac4b.jpg (113.61KiB)Viewed 927 times

p22
Posts:285
Joined:Thu May 07, 2020 7:49 pm

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by p22 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:46 pm

Image

User avatar
Crystal
Posts:33
Joined:Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:12 pm

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by Crystal » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:41 pm

p22 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:47 pm
I have to agree with Crystal- Some Zen stories are just plain dumb, typed diarrhea- Upon first reading- Then when a circumstance arises, you're like, oh, that stupid story is useful- At other times, it helps one to recognize something else-

Like the story about saying hello to someone for 30+ years, every moring, even though they don't say hello back at you-


I wasn't refering to Zen, I was talkng about general internet chatter.

:)
.

User avatar
fuki
Posts:539
Joined:Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Location:Zandvoort, the Netherlands

Re: zen space open/receptive

Post by fuki » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:07 pm

p22 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:46 pm
Image
Gorgeous, gonna "steal" that one, thanks :115:

Post Reply