Guo Gu - Tallahassee Chan Center

Moderator:fuki

fuki
Re: Guo Gu - Tallahassee Chan Center

Post by fuki » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:42 am

p22 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:04 am
Breathe- Pay attention- Breathe- Everything is a lesson- Breathe- Recognize compassion- Breathe- Everybody stinks-

Being called by true names isn't blaming- It's vicarious, life-saving, compassionate, recognition- Fleeting perfect teachings- Do, don't do- Flowery, fucked-up-

True love and true stink are mutually inclusive-

Thank you for the transcript! I appreciate it and am sure others do too- They're great to refer to-
Thanks for your friendship, T! if you don't mind me getting "personal" I really appreciate and cherish these moments.

Concerning memories, we mostly live naturally/directly, without memory and anticipation, yet sometimes old "stuff" comes up, lately a lot of old childhood memories have come to the surface, energies accompanied with the memory, not in a 'victim' kind of way but apparently stuff to go through. I think the zen cliche of "this will pass too" is kind of nonsense or at least misunderstood and used kind of as a surpression tactic, ofcourse it does pass, but like all dreams they return for a reason, so as time goes by I understand/appreciate more that one can't let go of what one has not 'understood'. The whole "not inviting, not blocking" sounds nice as a cushion instruction, but it's so much more subtle then what we (might) think it is, to be open/receptive is not just an idea in our heads, if it is that at all. You've been most helpful. :115:

p22

Post by p22 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:43 am

fuki wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:42 am
p22 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:04 am
Breathe- Pay attention- Breathe- Everything is a lesson- Breathe- Recognize compassion- Breathe- Everybody stinks-

Being called by true names isn't blaming- It's vicarious, life-saving, compassionate, recognition- Fleeting perfect teachings- Do, don't do- Flowery, fucked-up-

True love and true stink are mutually inclusive-

Thank you for the transcript! I appreciate it and am sure others do too- They're great to refer to-
Thanks for your friendship, T! if you don't mind me getting "personal" I really appreciate and cherish these moments.

Concerning memories, we mostly live naturally/directly, without memory and anticipation, yet sometimes old "stuff" comes up, lately a lot of old childhood memories have come to the surface, energies accompanied with the memory, not in a 'victim' kind of way but apparently stuff to go through. I think the zen cliche of "this will pass too" is kind of nonsense or at least misunderstood and used kind of as a surpression tactic, ofcourse it does pass, but like all dreams they return for a reason, so as time goes by I understand/appreciate more that one can't let go of what one has not 'understood'. The whole "not inviting, not blocking" sounds nice as a cushion instruction, but it's so much more subtle then what we (might) think it is, to be open/receptive is not just an idea in our heads, if it is that at all. You've been most helpful. :115:
I don't know if memories/dreams return or simply occur, but do think certain themes persist for many different reasons and are dependent upon what purpose they may serve-

As far as understanding is concerned, it's liberating to get gently and progressively bent out of past/old shaping-

I've always appreciated our exchanges- It isn't personal, it's neither bad or good- And that's neither an exaggeration or an understatement- It simply is-

.. I appreciate everybody ..

Not the way they want, but that's ok .. 😊

fuki

Post by fuki » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:50 am

p22 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:43 am

Not the way they want, but that's ok .. 😊
:lol:

Last Thursdays talk on Silent Illumination.