What's wrong with.... (the "dharmavegan" topic)

Moderator:fuki

fuki
Re: What's wrong with.... (the "dharmavegan" topic)

Post by fuki » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:34 pm

No problem my balls are fine.
Just dont understand why you keeping pointing it out, gives me a strange sensation I can't label, I know you are not saying "its all fucked so might as well get the other 7 mayonaises" but when you meantion such things every time I mention veganism for the sake of the farm animals it does feel kind of like that. A bit unsupportive perhaps?

p22

Post by p22 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:45 am

fuki wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:34 pm
No problem my balls are fine.
Just dont understand why you keeping pointing it out, gives me a strange sensation I can't label, I know you are not saying "its all fucked so might as well get the other 7 mayonaises" but when you meantion such things every time I mention veganism for the sake of the farm animals it does feel kind of like that. A bit unsupportive perhaps?
I don't support veganism: As in I'm not a vegan-

I didn't eat meat for a few years- And refrained from animal products for a short period- My decision was based on making healthier choices for me and agricultural animals-

What I discovered after progressively altering my diet over time was that eating animal free was no kinder to the planet and "all" of its inhabitants- And treating agricultural animals as "better" left me feeling uneasy, much like scapegoating does-

As far as food balls are concerned, if you are going to begin to censor humor, I will consider your comment advanced warning-
Bill Burr is my favorite comedian, not everyone's cup of tea .. and yet ..

fuki

Post by fuki » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:55 am

Frederic Leroy is a terrible man, a shill for the meat industry.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

When did I ever censor humor?

the "no kinder" is just misinformed, makes me wonder if you ever saw what really happens on farms/livestock transport and slaughterhouses.

People choose to eat meat (like Jundo) that's ok, but the countercomments you provide in no way are valid for the reasons ppl chose to eat vegan as if that isn't better then eating animal products, both for the planet/sentience and karmically.

I smoke tobacco but support ppl who don't or want to quit smoking, as a meat eater its fine to eat meat and support the cause to end animal products one day. It's very different and troubling if someone uses misinformation and lobbies for tabacco companies or the meat industry, like mr leroy, just as drug dealers create terrible karma for themselves, the karmic results are no different then killing people yourself, same applies to tobacco and meat lobbiest. I support ppl who don't smoke, friends who eat meat are very supportive of the vegan lifestyle, none of them uses counterarguments to somehow justify that they arent vegan. I have friends who use cocaine, they all know they shouldn't, and they all are happy I don't. Apart from farmers and the usual lobbiests all my meat eating friends support the vegan lifestyle, they consider it an important message even, eventhough they chose differently.

p22

Post by p22 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:24 am

fuki wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:55 am
Frederic Leroy is a terrible man, a shill for the meat industry.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

When did I ever censor humor?

the "no kinder" is just misinformed, makes me wonder if you ever saw what really happens on farms/livestock transport and slaughterhouses.

People choose to eat meat (like Jundo) that's ok, but the countercomments you provide in no way are valid for the reasons ppl chose to eat vegan as if that isn't better then eating animal products, both for the planet/sentience and karmically.

I smoke tobacco but support ppl who don't or want to quit smoking, as a meat eater its fine to eat meat and support the cause to end animal products one day. It's very different and troubling if someone uses misinformation and lobbies for tabacco companies or the meat industry, like mr leroy, just as drug dealers create terrible karma for themselves, the karmic results are no different then killing people yourself, same applies to tobacco and meat lobbiest. I support ppl who don't smoke, friends who eat meat are very supportive of the vegan lifestyle, none of them uses counterarguments to somehow justify that they arent vegan. I have friends who use cocaine, they all know they shouldn't, and they all are happy I don't. Apart from farmers and the usual lobbiests all my meat eating friends support the vegan lifestyle, they consider it an important message even, eventhough they chose differently.
What I see a is a motive- Lobbying for support, to displace accountability, to cloak guilt from disinterest regarding environmental impact, while employing guilt in order to increase control of the narrative and eventually the outcome that saves agri-animals but not the planet-

It's gas-lighting and scapegoating all rolled up into one motive-

That's considerably more than choosing not to eat meat- It's asking others to support an agenda, not a personal choice-

fuki

Post by fuki » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:10 pm

What displacing of accountability? ppl who consciously chose to not eat animal products also are more conscious of enviromental effects of all products (food + non-food) It's just not true, but let's take the example of a typical dutch food called "boerenkool" (Brassica oleracea)

Traditionally it's eaten with "worst" (sausage)
Every child is raised on it here, so then ppl decide to not eat meat and eat the cole without sausage, how does that relate to anything you say? As if I dont care how the cabbage is made if I skip the sausage?

And from a Buddhist perspective the collective and individual karma is too controlling the narrative or supporting an agenda? What agenda could that be?
It's a respons to the world/causes and conditions aka wisdom/compassion, it has nothing to do with a self-referential agenda. The idea that "veganism" means not caring for enviromental effects is just wrong and manipulative.
boerenkool.jpg
boerenkool.jpg (36.31KiB)Viewed 484 times

p22

Post by p22 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:55 pm

fuki wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:10 pm
What displacing of accountability? ppl who consciously chose to not eat animal products also are more conscious of enviromental effects of all products

That's simply not true- It's an illusion- It's pretending "better"- It's evidence of preference- It's bypassing the planet and all of its inhabitants- It's an agenda dependent upon want-

What it isn't is one person's decision, it's a subversive tactic to convert the masses-

Turtle Clan

Post by Turtle Clan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:49 pm