Good afternoon Larry

Moderator: fuki

fuki

Re: Good afternoon Larry

Post by fuki » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:23 pm

p22 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:24 pm
Ever see a veg-o-matic? It slices, it dices- Each time you utilize it, it appears you get the same fixed shapes- But you don't-
We used to have one similair to what you describe, but I always prefered peeling/cutting the potatoes with a knife, I love the old days, when phones still had wires and used to write letters to pen palls abroad, almost everything is "instant" now, as in doing things faster is somehow an improvement, it only creates more time to do superfluous stuff and create a mekka of psychlogical dis-eases in western cultures from having a life of "luxury"
Attending church as a child, the priest (who for all anyone knew, abused their sons) used to yammer on and on how you ought not to do the deadly 7 things, as if there wasn't other stuff one couldn't do to another-

ps.....
Even though you try to put people under control, it is impossible. You cannot do it. The best way to control people is to encourage them to be mischievous. Then they will be in control in a wider sense. To give your sheep or cow a large spacious meadow is the way to control him. So it is with people: first let them do what they want, and watch them. This is the best policy. To ignore them is not good. That is the worst policy. The second worst is trying to control them. The best one is to watch them, just to watch them, without trying to control them.
~Shunryu Suzuki, Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind

michaeljc

Post by michaeljc » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:31 pm

Geeze guys, you should be writing lyrics for Bob Dylan. What’s the lubricant brand? :103:

fuki

Post by fuki » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:47 pm

Good to see you Mike :)

I don't understand your comment or reference regarding lubrication...ps this thread is a "chat" thread, meaning a place to go off topic (if quoting from a serious or half-serious thread) or just regular nonzense, but there's room for anything #receptive/open

desertwoodworker

Post by desertwoodworker » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:48 pm

fuki wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:39 pm
American collectors seem to want the old American one's only, same applies to euro-euro,
I have a little gold one I enjoy but hardly use it for I don't have the pants nor the chains for it. :D
Yes!, before buying a watch, one should buy pants! :lol:

--Joe

desertwoodworker

Post by desertwoodworker » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:51 pm

Mike might be talking about Ale, or spirits!

Howdy, Mike! We'll have 110 deg F in town today, some 43 C. Maybe an opportunity to wet the whistle with a pint!

Cheers,

--Joe

fuki

Post by fuki » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:13 pm

desertwoodworker wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:48 pm
Yes!, before buying a watch, one should buy pants! :lol:

--Joe
:lol:

Sound advice, thanks, you'd be a good dad!
desertwoodworker wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:51 pm
Maybe an opportunity to wet the whistle with a pint!
A descriptive or prescriptive pint?
I'll backburn it on my way to the supermarket :D

desertwoodworker

Post by desertwoodworker » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:19 pm

fuki wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:13 pm
A descriptive or prescriptive pint?
I'll backburn it on my way to the supermarket :D
:lol:

Well, today, definitely not proscriptive! ;)

(at 10 A.M., 104 degrees, now, but it really does not feel a degree over 103!)

Salúd, :!:

--J.

p22

Post by p22 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:25 pm

fuki wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:23 pm
p22 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:24 pm
Ever see a veg-o-matic? It slices, it dices- Each time you utilize it, it appears you get the same fixed shapes- But you don't-
We used to have one similair to what you describe, but I always prefered peeling/cutting the potatoes with a knife, I love the old days, when phones still had wires and used to write letters to pen palls abroad, almost everything is "instant" now, as in doing things faster is somehow an improvement, it only creates more time to do superfluous stuff and create a mekka of psychlogical dis-eases in western cultures from having a life of "luxury"
Attending church as a child, the priest (who for all anyone knew, abused their sons) used to yammer on and on how you ought not to do the deadly 7 things, as if there wasn't other stuff one couldn't do to another-

ps.....
Even though you try to put people under control, it is impossible. You cannot do it. The best way to control people is to encourage them to be mischievous. Then they will be in control in a wider sense. To give your sheep or cow a large spacious meadow is the way to control him. So it is with people: first let them do what they want, and watch them. This is the best policy. To ignore them is not good. That is the worst policy. The second worst is trying to control them. The best one is to watch them, just to watch them, without trying to control them.
~Shunryu Suzuki, Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind

fuki

Post by fuki » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:01 pm

p22 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:47 am

Learn to read the words in green .. They're the sound of one hand slapping back ..

:110:
Yes Ma'am :D

Speaking of one hand, I mostly always (?) do groceries with one hand on the shopping cart, as I have a shpopping cart in the kitchen I walk to the supermarket and then back home. When ppl ask me "why with one hand" I always say what do you mean? I'm using two hands! Then they're like "no, you're pushing with one hand" and I reply back "oh right, the left side is my telekinetic side" :lol:

diner break... :D

desertwoodworker

Post by desertwoodworker » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:49 pm

fuki wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:01 pm
"oh right, the left side is my telekinetic side" :lol:
Nice one!

(I think in Islamic countries, they say the left hand is for "toilet-cleaning" duties only, and so is never used in handshaking, reaching, embracing, etc.)

Received a telekinetic order of Netherlands stamps today! (for the collection), from a stamp dealer, there. He's in Eygelshoven, a Mr. "Krieger".

Do you know him? :lol:

--Joe

fuki

Post by fuki » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:28 pm

desertwoodworker wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:49 pm

(I think in Islamic countries, they say the left hand is for "toilet-cleaning" duties only, and so is never used in handshaking, reaching, embracing, etc.)
Once had an interesting play with a Muslim neighbour where we "compared" "Jihad" with what Buddhists refer to as the three poisions, lovely all beings can find common ground like that, "despite" religious reference points. But just for "jokes" I'd say "toilet-cleaning" in a playful context is counter-jihad! :lol:
Received a telekinetic order of Netherlands stamps today! (for the collection), from a stamp dealer, there. He's in Eygelshoven, a Mr. "Krieger".

Do you know him? :lol:

--Joe
Nice! I might know him, first name Freddy?
We might have joined together(him) in a "befriending the mind" session once :D
robert-englund-freddy-krueger-a-nightmare-on-elm-street-php4pokkr.jpeg.jpg
robert-englund-freddy-krueger-a-nightmare-on-elm-street-php4pokkr.jpeg.jpg (57.59 KiB) Viewed 218 times

desertwoodworker

Post by desertwoodworker » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:46 pm

Wrong "Krieger." :)

The stamp guy is "Franz". --Joe

Netherlands_semi-postal_Scott_B81_1935_MC_Escher_design_400.jpg
Netherlands_semi-postal_Scott_B81_1935_MC_Escher_design_400.jpg (44.74 KiB) Viewed 181 times

fuki

Post by fuki » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:20 pm

Reasonably positive I have that one Joe, perhaps even without markings, I'll send you some nice ones, I think you'll like them. :)

fuki

Post by fuki » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:31 pm

20200626_212802.jpg
20200626_212802.jpg (487.66 KiB) Viewed 172 times
These are the only three in the house now, the rest are in the storage box thingy below the flat.

fuki

Post by fuki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:10 pm

avisitor wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:19 pm
At 3 AM, should have been sleeping in bed.
Is there some universal (earthy time-zone wise) law or social standard one must be in bed at 3AM I do not know of?
:hatsoff:

I hold the Lion’s Paw
Whenever I dance.
I know the ecstasy of the falcon’s wings
When they make love against the sky,
And the sun and moon
sometimes argue over
who will tuck me in at night.
If you think I am having more fun
Than anyone on this planet
You are absolutely correct.
But Hafiz
Is willing to share all his secrets
About how to befriend God.
Indeed, dear ones,
Hafiz is so very willing
To share all his secrets
About how to know the
Beautiful
One.
I hold the Lion’s Paw whenever I dance.
~Hafiz

fuki

Post by fuki » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:34 pm

p22 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:41 am

Yep- Got my uninsured car impounded at 3AM because I had a craving-

Long ago and far away ..
:shock:

Blimey, glad I never got my driver's license. Memories are fun though, me and the "ex" who had uniform bikes, once gotten them both stolen while visiting my mom at the hospital, you know one of those busses that drive by with big cutters and drive off, apparently hospital's parking lots are hotspots for the bike maffia, so as memory is a good servant (but a bad master) I never gotten the bike stolen again :D
Attachments
0f56ed9b582a684aef141846a98c7ab5.gif
0f56ed9b582a684aef141846a98c7ab5.gif (27.35 KiB) Viewed 57 times

p22

Post by p22 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:56 pm

Much of how the U.S. is set up is designed with failure in mind-

fuki

Post by fuki » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:56 am

p22 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:56 pm
Much of how the U.S. is set up is designed with failure in mind-
It is set up to be designed for the benefit of a few against the whole, if there are countries where it is otherwise, I suspect them to be very rare. The difference between countries is only in appearances or current manifestation, "underneath" the same set up is working only waiting for the right conditions to manifest. At such a time ppl there will say "Much of how [enter country] is set up is designed with failure in mind-"

It's a "collective" phenomena, "individual" countries just take each others places over time, though individual and collective are but provisional terms. There can only be benefeciary living if we do away with partial thinking and see things (w)holistically, and for that the construct of having countries must be done away with. At a point in history some self-conscious/referential dude draw a line across a field, planted some crops and said "this is mine" Now I can have my own food, house, town etc By that he set up others for failure, and didn't care. We still are in that outdated way of thinking, the whole system of human thought is a failure, it needs upgrading. Don't expect it to come from politicians.

p22

Post by p22 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:40 am

I like Elizabeth Warren, I don't consider her changes of heart regarding her "plans" as a failure but an act of taking others perceptions into consideration and adapting them to a revised "plan"- In that regard, she is constantly evolving-

Obama and his administration considered her a pain in the ass- Their tune may have changed- I don't know- I do know that his eloquence was used to gloss over his own lack of wokeness- It appears he's still playing the lead character in that role-

I think I feel similar about Shunryu Suzuki in that regard- Yes, good teacher- Shitty parent- Obama: Yes, good speaker- Shitty president-

Those he ignored became Trump supporters -- which amounted to quite a few ..

michaeljc

Post by michaeljc » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:41 am

desertwoodworker wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:51 pm
Mike might be talking about Ale, or spirits!

Howdy, Mike! We'll have 110 deg F in town today, some 43 C. Maybe an opportunity to wet the whistle with a pint!

Cheers,

--Joe
Hi Joe - yea, why not BUT are you aware that when you serve mine:

"A pint glass is a form of drinkware made to hold either a British ("imperial") pint of 20 imperial fluid ounces (568 ml) or an American pint of 16 US fluid ounces (473 ml). ... These glasses are typically used to serve beer, and also often for cider."

Consult Larry for further clarification :113:

M