Good afternoon Larry

Moderator:fuki

fuki
Re: Good afternoon Larry

Post by fuki » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:27 am

p22 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:40 am
I like Elizabeth Warren, I don't consider her changes of heart regarding her "plans" as a failure but an act of taking others perceptions into consideration and adapting them to a revised "plan"- In that regard, she is constantly evolving-

Obama and his administration considered her a pain in the ass- Their tune may have changed- I don't know- I do know that his eloquence was used to gloss over his own lack of wokeness- It appears he's still playing the lead character in that role-

I think I feel similar about Shunryu Suzuki in that regard- Yes, good teacher- Shitty parent- Obama: Yes, good speaker- Shitty president-

Those he ignored became Trump supporters -- which amounted to quite a few ..
Haven't seen much of Warren, but as you know already the one's who gets the nomination is already determined before the race starts, politicians are puppets too. I got asked for the local party here but since I can't "control the narrative" or function freely within any structured party or "group" I'll always refuse such a position, and that's locally, the further you climb up the political ladder the more you're controlled by the masters and the more you have to "review" or "bypass" your principles or motivations which made you want to get into politics. Ofcourse for some this is shitty, for others thats precisely why they get into politics, to control and manipulate.

For years whenever I watch a political debate, whether Dutch or American I always mute the sound. It's obvious then what drives them, as the words they utter are mostly to distract people. I have to say Obama has one of the best political poker faces, but he often drops his guard. When the elections are close, pay attention at the moment someone from the crowd asks a question (or the interviewer) for a very short moment, all you need to know about a politician is right there, you can see if based on the reaction of the question whether they have ulterior motives or are just lying, the amount of cognitive dissonance with politicians is on OD when they get questions from civilians. The method acting sucks in politics btw their "warmth and compassion" for ppl is plastic at best.
107247066_1604404619724668_3264408827895304779_n.jpg
107247066_1604404619724668_3264408827895304779_n.jpg (78.83KiB)Viewed 578 times

p22

Post by p22 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:13 pm

Shunryu%20and%20Mitsu%20Suzuki.jpg
Shunryu%20and%20Mitsu%20Suzuki.jpg (27.84KiB)Viewed 555 times

p22

Post by p22 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:36 pm

I've never considered watching politicians on tv with the sound off, but do pay attention to their facial expressions and body language-

I've never been asked to serve on a committee, run for office, or be class mom-

fuki

Post by fuki » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:02 pm

p22 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:13 pm
:lol:

ps did you watch the spiritual bypassing talk from Guo Gu?
I've never considered watching politicians on tv with the sound off, but do pay attention to their facial expressions and body language
it's fun, could be me but watching a whole Trump press conference muted and all you do is keep a 1 pointed concentration, his eyes are one of my fav samadhi doors :lol:
but watch a few minutes, then relax and then you can actually see the hurt and fear in him, a "gift" from his father.
Yes he's a jerk, and after seeing his pain he remains a jerk (or jerkish activity) but it still good to notice, at least for me.

I often "watch" tv like that, could be a movie or a talk show, you don't use the eyes or the ears (then the rest follows) but keep them functioning ofcourse, so seeing remains but no see-er nor a possibility to stare at something etc just like "meditation" Just like gazing outside on a bench, I read somewhere :D

p22

Post by p22 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:43 am

fuki wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:02 pm
p22 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:13 pm

ps did you watch the spiritual bypassing talk from Guo Gu?
I've never considered watching politicians on tv with the sound off, but do pay attention to their facial expressions and body language
it's fun, could be me but watching a whole Trump press conference muted and all you do is keep a 1 pointed concentration, his eyes are one of my fav samadhi doors :lol:
but watch a few minutes, then relax and then you can actually see the hurt and fear in him, a "gift" from his father.
Yes he's a jerk, and after seeing his pain he remains a jerk (or jerkish activity) but it still good to notice, at least for me.

I often "watch" tv like that, could be a movie or a talk show, you don't use the eyes or the ears (then the rest follows) but keep them functioning ofcourse, so seeing remains but no see-er nor a possibility to stare at something etc just like "meditation" Just like gazing outside on a bench, I read somewhere :D
"It" isn't bad or good- Consider the children, his murdered wife, then breathe- Just like the ""empty wine bottle"" - It still stinks-

A boulder in an otherwise clear stream- No need to slam into it to take notice, but slow down long enough to see that the stream is momentarily dual as it flows around it-

Engaged, compassionate community, not dismissive clique-

Trump, I truly don't know what to do with- Even if he is defeated in the next election, he's been cloned a million times over ..

fuki

Post by fuki » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:00 am

Many Trumps in Europe, so "your" Trump is the little Trump :D But since such countries are never "world news" outside of the US of A most ppl missed that the "experiment" has reached the US...but nothing to get excited about (since its food for confused conspiracy thinkers) Anyways agree with the residue wine stench, but that's an omnipresent phenomena. "Trumps" are just distractions, but "everyone" sees "enemies" in the news while its best to just work on our own sobriety.

p22

Post by p22 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:11 am

Pay no attention to that man behind the robe!

fuki

Post by fuki » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:20 pm

p22 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:11 am
Pay no attention to that man behind the robe!
:mrgreen:

fuki

Post by fuki » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:08 pm

Concerning the earlier deleted topic/posts, my previous message that I wont reply to PM's is done, it was an "coolbox" move, I will respond to pm's regarding the matter.