Ten Precepts

Moderator:fuki

p22
Re: Ten Precepts

Post by p22 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:00 am

Anyone who purchases and consumes food products is telling the producers that it's ok to kill- People who grow their own face the same- There's no escape-

Flies and mosquitos do carry disease- Cockroaches are known to cause allergy and asthma- They can crawl into ear canals and nasal cavities and cause infection-

No sense kidding others into thinking that they aren't vulnerable simply because you (general, anyone) have yet to contract what lovely bugs nature has to offer- That type of irresponsible talk also has consequences -

fuki

Post by fuki » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:23 am

Ive harvested asperagus, lettuce, tomatoes etc when I worked in a local field for a rehabilitation project of troubled youth, ex-convicts and ppl with mental illnesses, not once in a few years of planting and harvesting have I or others harmed an insect in mindfull farming. If you have any knowledge/experience please go educate your local farmers how to avoid killing animals/insects in the field, you are being compulsive and provocative and your speech is harmful and dangerous for a while now. Whether right or wrong as a moderator I can not allow such divisive and provocative activity on a forum, not once have I said any killing is justified nor have I said to make out with cockroaches.

Desist from such comments in the future please. If you once more say that due to farming insects/mice are killed so might as well slaughter pigs I will take inevitable actions.

p22

Post by p22 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:56 am

It's alright, Marcel- No action is necessary on your part to silence me- I will not participate in any future discussions on your forum-

Turtle Clan

Post by Turtle Clan » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:59 pm

What happened to ...
57BEFB3E-A72D-424B-8B9D-37AEFD2E9D64.jpeg
57BEFB3E-A72D-424B-8B9D-37AEFD2E9D64.jpeg (117.29KiB)Viewed 172 times

Turtle Clan

Post by Turtle Clan » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:24 pm

p22 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:00 am
Anyone who purchases and consumes food products is telling the producers that it's ok to kill- People who grow their own face the same- There's no escape-
No escape, yes, but there is always the possibility of reduction of harm. The first step in this possibility is to educate ourselves in the harm we cause simply by being alive and to resolve to do something about it.
p22 wrote:
Flies and mosquitos do carry disease- Cockroaches are known to cause allergy and asthma- They can crawl into ear canals and nasal cavities and cause infection-
Insect netting, cleanliness, a recognition of one’s own possibly neurotic reactions to insects.
p22 wrote:
No sense kidding others into thinking that they aren't vulnerable simply because you (general, anyone) have yet to contract what lovely bugs nature has to offer- That type of irresponsible talk also has consequences -
We humans are endlessly trying to control the living relationships and processes of this world. It will never come to anything good as can be clearly seen by the ongoing and overwhelming cascade of degradations we are experiencing. What will it take to fully recognize the irresponsibility of this futile endeavor?
Last edited by Turtle Clan on Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turtle Clan

Post by Turtle Clan » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:28 pm

p22 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:56 am
It's alright, Marcel- No action is necessary on your part to silence me- I will not participate in any future discussions on your forum-
Don’t go.
Hopefully fuki will desist from further clumsy moderation actions in the future.

fuki

Post by fuki » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:47 pm

Turtle Clan wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:59 pm
What happened to ...57BEFB3E-A72D-424B-8B9D-37AEFD2E9D64.jpeg
Nothing changed, it's all good, toujour.
Turtle Clan wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:28 pm
Hopefully fuki will desist from further clumsy moderation actions in the future.
I can only moderate according to what I feel is appropiate, both for myself and my understanding of the buddhadharma, and I will stay true to that, it may be right or wrong or clumsly, but there are certain things where I draw the line, especially in the context of strengthening/watering seeds of killing.