Turtle Clan

So Now What?

Post by Turtle Clan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:10 pm

Hmmm...???

el gatito

Re: So Now What?

Post by el gatito » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:35 pm

Now we can start bashing the most interesting corporations:

AstraZeneca to be exempt from coronavirus vaccine liability claims in most countries

AstraZeneca has been granted protection from future product liability claims related to its COVID-19 vaccine hopeful by most of the countries with which it has struck supply agreements, a senior executive told Reuters.

“This is a unique situation where we as a company simply cannot take the risk if in four years the vaccine is showing side effects,” Ruud Dobber, a member of Astra’s senior executive team, told Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-astr ... SKCN24V2EN

Turtle Clan

Post by Turtle Clan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:57 pm

el gatito wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:35 pm
Now we can start bashing the most interesting corporations:

“This is a unique situation where we as a company simply cannot take the risk if in four years the vaccine is showing side effects,” Ruud Dobber, a member of Astra’s senior executive team, told Reuters.[/i]

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-astr ... SKCN24V2EN
“AstraZeneca, Britain’s second-largest drugmaker, has pledged to supply a total of more than 2 billion doses at no profit in agreements with the United States, Britain and European countries, among other nations and organisations.”

So what’s to bash? Or, more to the point, what’s not to bash?

el gatito

Post by el gatito » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:40 am

As the "first do no harm" of the original Hippocratic Oath is now something like "I will respect the hard-won scientific gains", indeed, why should one wish to take the liability for their work, why feel responsible for the consequences. As some weird gene therapy machinery is now going to be applied globally as "preventive medicine", let's sit back and watch how the autoimmune disease and cancer rate is going to perform. Innocent little bits of "side effects".

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:10 am

I do love the whinging left and their spirit of gratitude :lol:

p22

Post by p22 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:49 am

I'm not opposed to all vaccines- But this one does seem a bit rushed-

el gatito

Post by el gatito » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:29 pm

This one (and the likes of it) is not a "vaccine" -- but a gene therapy instrumentation kit, so to speak. If you want to expose your body to a small quantity of infection, that would be a "vaccine". A very different (and a very simple) way.

Yet, what are they doing -- they are using a genetically crafted synthetic "vector"-virus as a transportation engine -- to deliver a genetically crafted synthetic piece of code (several kb of either DNA or RNA) into human cells to hijack the infra-cell protein-generation machinery.

The very "culture" of an immortalized cell line, like the HEK293 or similar, is yet again a rather weird genetically crafted synthetic medium, where the "vector"-virus is being developed in bio-reactors.

Not to say about the crazy "mRNA" technology employed by Moderna and their likes -- this is even more weird and monstrous undertaking.

p22

Post by p22 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:20 pm

If I had a choice I would choose plasma- When discussing the vaccine with others, they all seem to think it's a good idea in theory, but are not confident- Therfore will opt out-

Much of the U.S. is forecast to have a mild winter- I don't know if that could determine the severity of the second wave they predict will occur, when flu season meets up with Covid19-

The antibody tests are all over the map- And a study done on blood type reflects that individuals with O were less likely to test positive when infected than other blood types-

Fascinating times to be alive-

fuki

Post by fuki » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:10 am

Turtle Clan wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:10 pm
Hmmm...???
Breath, pet the cat, play on zenspace, just got 4 mosquito bites, do not scratch, update movie list. Last one added for men only aka "I like birds" (1968) Larry might know that soho (osho) production film, so what now.... Krishnamurti said; "this is my secret, I don't mind what happens"
reminds me of more British funnies
Carry_On_logo_illustration.jpg
Carry_On_logo_illustration.jpg (22.31 KiB) Viewed 684 times
oh ps I got a new "dharma job" editing subtitles for guo gu's talks on youtube, will start when 'new' pc arrives in a week or two. Hope everyone is well :waving: