Request for username change

Offer suggestions, report problems.

Moderator: Spiritual Do-gooder

boda

Request for username change

Post by boda » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:09 pm

Second request for a username change from bodhi to boda. Desert Woodworker expressed grief over my using a religious term frivolously and I don’t want to further upset him or others who may feel the same way.

If you refuse to change it from some reason let me know so I’ll know that it’s useless to keep trying. Thanks!

Dan74
Site Admin

Re: Request for username change

Post by Dan74 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:56 pm

Done, I think.

boda

Post by boda » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:12 pm

Thanks!

Caodemarte

Post by Caodemarte » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:32 pm

I would suggest that anyone else who needs technical assistance to change their username or for anything else send in PMs to the Admin. It would be nice to publicly announce the change, as done here, so other participants are not confused.

boda

Post by boda » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:54 pm

There's no admin named "admin", FYI, so when someone says something like "just pm the admin" it's not super helpful.

Caodemarte

Post by Caodemarte » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:28 pm

If there is any confusion on staff, please click on “The Team” icon for a complete listing.

Dan74 is identified as the (Site) Admin. Fruitzilla is the Administrator (the only one so far). You can also PM the moderators who I am sure will forward it on. Wayfarer, Meido, Zen Space and Caodemarte (myself) are moderators.

boda

Post by boda » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:48 pm

No one forwarded the request the first time. They just deleted it for some reason.

Caodemarte

Post by Caodemarte » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:11 am

boda wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:48 pm
No one forwarded the request the first time. They just deleted it for some reason.
At the risk of engaging in meta-discussion it may be generally useful to note that:

No request was made by PM, as far as I know. There was a request embedded in the thread that was deleted for multiple ToS violations after a complaint was received per the ToS “Posting or other actions which breach these Terms of Service or cause a disturbance in other ways, should just be reported to Zen Space staff for action at their discretion.”

The applicable ToS rules were:
[SPOILER]
The primary purpose of Zen Space is to provide a forum for discussion of Zen Buddhism.

Language showing basic politeness and respect is the rule for all discussion.

Members should take care to begin topics in relevant parts of the forum. Miscellaneous topics, including discussion of non-Buddhist traditions, are welcome in the Lounge. Similarly, members are asked to keep discussion focused on the stated topic of the thread. Rather than post off topic in a thread, please start a different thread. Threads that veer off topic may be split or closed by Zen Space staff.

Avoid posting excessively or compulsively: post only when your words contribute meaningfully to discussion of a thread’s topic. Casual chat is of course welcome in the Lounge.
Comments about the ToS should be made in the relevant thread.

Again, complaints about moderation should be sent via PM to the Site Admin (sorry, Dan74). Sometimes mistakes are made and deleted posts can usually be restored by any staff member. Remember “Moderator actions are not appropriate forum discussion topics. Please contact staff directly by PM to discuss these.” And “The Terms of Service apply equally to private messages (PM’s) between members.”

With that I think this can be closed and further discussion can take place in the appropriate place.