My Two Cents Worth

Anything at all goes here. Keep it clean.

Moderator: Spiritual Do-gooder

desert_woodworker

Re: My Two Cents Worth

Post by desert_woodworker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Just a leak, no league involved. --Joe

lindama

Post by lindama » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:36 am

lol, lol.... Fuki, you don't have an ice cubes chance in hell of understanding PC ... you live in the Netherlands. I live just outside of Sebastopol, CA where PC reigns.... ugh. It's almost as thick as the zenny thingy. here, it has a nauseating flavor of ego spirituality and group hugs. I'm an outsider here.

Michaeljc, seeing thru this.

as far as I can tell, this is why zennies run out of things to say about practice, just like last time.
'
linda
fuki wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:27 pm
bodhi wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Politically Correct, so zennie PC would be anything remotely ‘koany’, for instance, and nothing too ordinary sounding, like “gee, I had a success sit today.”
Thanks. Now I understand but still don't get it.
Perhaps I'll recognize it when it happens, I might need your help pointing it out. :)

lindama

Post by lindama » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:43 am

fuki, I took up koany in past posts, I can't repeat....
Last edited by lindama on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

lindama

Post by lindama » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:44 am

haha, I don't know how the wagging tail got on my last post, but it is purrfect
Last edited by lindama on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

lindama

Post by lindama » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:09 am

Zennie PC leaves a lot of stuff that stinks.... maybe you're referring to "enlightenment leaves no trace" .... a diff animal ofc, that is, iff we don't add on....

have to agree Michael, so much attention on a leaky roof.... if't safer tho. has anyone noticed what is going on, on the other side of the wall.

michaeljc wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:29 pm
Zennie PC kinda means. "leave no ripples" :113:

fuki

Post by fuki » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:04 am

lindama wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:36 am
I live just outside of Sebastopol, CA where PC reigns.... ugh.
Ah now I really get it, thanks for the vivid example.
There's PC around the globe but I've heared from CA folks about this phenomena, actually I see it present very often. Didn't know there was a label/term for that.

So no PC and no Trump for zennies, is there any category/zone "we" feel at home, or "safe"? If I may "pick and choose" I prefer not locking anyone up in a mental picture and all can be as "they are" rooms/spaces, yet still expressing being uncomfortable when behaviour of individuals crosses "personal boundaries" instead of attempts to manipulate group behaviour by way of popularity vote or peer pressure. Just expressing, not asking or demanding its up to individuals what they do with it. (if something is expressed/shared)
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/

IZIhttp://www.zeninstitute.org/en/iziae/main.html

fuki

Post by fuki » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:13 am

lindama wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:43 am
I'm aware Linda, Keith etc
was just a wee joke-y this time with bodhi and relating to past discussions and ghosts in a shell. I never use koany in a way you associate it with. Sorry for using the word. (not being PC here just "me")

the cat appears if you type Fuki without the capital.
ps my memory isnt perfect but since the start of zenspace you forget if I/others explain you things (like the cat or the youtube tag) a few times and you forgot you even asked before. Just sharing because it worries me a lil bit and hope its not connected to any physical ailments, if its no news for you sorry but better save then sorry right? :111:

fuki

Post by fuki » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:55 am

lindama wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:44 am
haha, I don't know how the wagging tail got on my last post, but it is purrfect
It's the buffalo's tail, just let it waggle freely in the air Sister! :)

lindama

Post by lindama » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:59 pm

Thanks Fuki fuki

.... for your joke-y and your concern. I'm not reading a lot on the forum these days so don't remember that one. hard to say about the memory thingy vs noting what is important... being present. I've never had a good one, tho there are times I see myself slip up. I just finished my seasonal job, I took 1,000 calls and had to remember a very detailed product script tailored to the conversation with parents about their child's reading... in the moment. The less PC I get, the less it's important to me.... tho I have a long way to go to be untamed, growing up in New England and all. Except for a dry comment, I often channel what I write, it comes out and I don't remember later. I can't repeat it.

So far, so good with my health. I go to docs only for eyes and teeth. tho I follow healthy living and regeneration closely, very closely. Health of body, mind and spirit. I read a lot. I've recently added Tai Chi to my qi gong routine.... returning to Tai Chi after 30 years. It is helping with balance and waking up the body's healing energy.

For you awakening fans.... There is a series on the web: "Awakening from Alzheimer's". you won't hear that from most docs... only the ones who are not PC.

:111:
linda

fuki wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:13 am
lindama wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:43 am
I'm aware Linda, Keith etc
was just a wee joke-y this time with bodhi and relating to past discussions and ghosts in a shell. I never use koany in a way you associate it with. Sorry for using the word. (not being PC here just "me")

the cat appears if you type Fuki without the capital.
ps my memory isnt perfect but since the start of zenspace you forget if I/others explain you things (like the cat or the youtube tag) a few times and you forgot you even asked before. Just sharing because it worries me a lil bit and hope its not connected to any physical ailments, if its no news for you sorry but better save then sorry right? :111:

fuki

Post by fuki » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:18 pm

lindama wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:59 pm
Thanks Fuki fuki

.... for your joke-y and your concern. I'm not reading a lot on the forum these days so don't remember that one. hard to say about the memory thingy vs noting what is important... being present. I've never had a good one, tho there are times I see myself slip up. I just finished my seasonal job, I took 1,000 calls and had to remember a very detailed product script tailored to the conversation with parents about their child's reading... in the moment. The less PC I get, the less it's important to me.... tho I have a long way to go to be untamed, growing up in New England and all. Except for a dry comment, I often channel what I write, it comes out and I don't remember later. I can't repeat it.

So far, so good with my health. I go to docs only for eyes and teeth. tho I follow healthy living and regeneration closely, very closely. Health of body, mind and spirit. I read a lot. I've recently added Tai Chi to my qi gong routine.... returning to Tai Chi after 30 years. It is helping with balance and waking up the body's healing energy.

For you awakening fans.... There is a series on the web: "Awakening from Alzheimer's". you won't hear that from most docs... only the ones who are not PC.

:111:
linda
Wow Linda, my concern is Liberated-y! You're a star. :)
Thanks for sharing, channeling a hug....(ps its a secret but Larry's in the hug too)

:110:

boda

Post by boda » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:35 pm

lindama wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:36 am
lol, lol.... Fuki, you don't have an ice cubes chance in hell of understanding PC ... you live in the Netherlands. I live just outside of Sebastopol, CA where PC reigns.... ugh. It's almost as thick as the zenny thingy. here, it has a nauseating flavor of ego spirituality and group hugs. I'm an outsider here.

Michaeljc, seeing thru this.

as far as I can tell, this is why zennies run out of things to say about practice, just like last time.
'
linda
fuki wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:27 pm
bodhi wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Politically Correct, so zennie PC would be anything remotely ‘koany’, for instance, and nothing too ordinary sounding, like “gee, I had a success sit today.”
Thanks. Now I understand but still don't get it.
Perhaps I'll recognize it when it happens, I might need your help pointing it out. :)
I lived in Sebastopol for a couple of years. About as bad as Ojai in this regard. There’s a community called Princeville in Hawaii that truely lives in a dreamworld.

lindama

Post by lindama » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:37 pm

:110:

desert_woodworker

Post by desert_woodworker » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:09 pm

I don't know what "Zen Buddhist PC" would be.

And as for "Zen PC", I don't know what that would be, either, and because it would not be Zen Buddhist, it probably would not show up at this forum.

Although... I know there is a lot of odd use and misuse of the word "Zen" (sorry to say, and see) in the wide world.

--Joe

fuki

Post by fuki » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:12 pm

bodhi wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:35 pm
There’s a community called Princeville in Hawaii that truely lives in a dreamworld.
A suffering dream world.... :sad:
http://www.thegardenisland.com/2017/09/ ... g-sharply/

fuki

Post by fuki » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:19 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:09 pm
Although... I know there is a lot of odd use and misuse of the word "Zen" (sorry to say, and see) in the wide world.

--Joe
Sometimes friends ask me if they can go with me practising with the idea "perhaps it will make me a calmer person" Then I mention to them that Zen=Buddhism, usually shocked that it's a "religion" I tell them to first investigate if it's their cup of tea. It rarely is, happy to sit with them but practising in a group means some "Buddhism" is involved. Together at home, no problem, but even I dont call it Zen then. :)

desert_woodworker

Post by desert_woodworker » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:41 pm

Fuki,

Quoting and replying a bit:
fuki wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:19 pm
Then I mention to them that Zen=Buddhism, usually shocked that it's a "religion" I tell them to first investigate if it's their cup of tea. It rarely is, happy to sit with them but practising in a group means some "Buddhism" is involved.
Go to a poetry-reading and there's a "culture" there, too; almost a kind of religiosity. Readers even affect a kind of speech that is NOT everyday voicing (I feel, too, BTW, that a poet should never read his/her own stuff; almost any Manny, Moe, or Curly can usually do better justice to the text, I feel);

Go to a rock-concert, and there's a "culture" there, also; almost a religiosity; it too can seem very singular and highly peculiar.

Maybe your friends ought to just "get out more", in general, and discover that "special interests" always have their own "ways", and that indeed this is what makes them "special".

I find that what's really special is sitting together in silence. But, also, nothing more natural.

Fortunately (for most people), most people have a lot to choose from in terms of what and where they attend, or don't attend, gatherings of any kind (not so true in countries where there is not freedom).

"Flag Day" in USA today!

But also Trump's birthday (72nd)... .

--Joe

fuki

Post by fuki » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:34 pm

Thanks Joe,
desert_woodworker wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:41 pm

Go to a poetry-reading and there's a "culture" there, too; almost a kind of religiosity. Readers even affect a kind of speech that is NOT everyday voicing (I feel, too, BTW, that a poet should never read his/her own stuff; almost any Manny, Moe, or Curly can usually do better justice to the text, I feel);

Go to a rock-concert, and there's a "culture" there, also; almost a religiosity; it too can seem very singular and highly peculiar.
Not to mention the religion of footy (soccer)
Mom was part of a poetry club for years, I went with her a few times. Everyone was given a podium to share their poems, and everyone clapped whether the poem was liked or not (you can sense it) So I was in a room of people where everyone thought they were a gift to the culture/universe, not my kind of enviroment as you can imagine. Also remember when I was younger one of the stepdads had friends over who labeled themselves as "intellectuals" my jokes weren't appreciated in reference to their discussions, then we have a culture/religion called "comedy", where no spontanity is present but feel peer pressured to be funny all of the time.
Maybe your friends ought to just "get out more",
That's what they used to tell me :lol: these days they're just confused that I (what they perceive to be me) can live happily effortlessly and don't need to run around like a headless chicken searching for "happiness" or things to "do"
I find that what's really special is sitting together in silence. But, also, nothing more natural.
Ah yes, a rarity though (outside of sanghas) perhaps I can open a "sitting in silence" bar ;)

"Flag Day" in USA today!

But also Trump's birthday (72nd)... .

--Joe
Happy flag day, and happy birthday Donald! (don't know what to give a man who has too much (of "nothing") :115:

desert_woodworker

Post by desert_woodworker » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Fuki, you're (one-of-) the best! We ought to get together and slurp down some pasta, sometime. I suggest NYC! (I'm a New-World guy, what can I say; but The Old-Country could be fun sometime, too ...and all you'd have to do is drop South, approximately).

(BTW, a feller I miss here is Guo Gu. I might give him a call and see if he's OK. It's long past the end of his University semester schedule, and teaching- duties (unless he's involved in a Summer-Session) : I hope that he and the family are just on fabulous vacation! I miss his evenness, his naturalness, his non-attachment, and his overall balance when and where it comes to matters of practice and doctrine. I'll give him a jingle, to Florida... . ...Try to drag him back here, kicking and screaming... . If he'd be so gracious... .) ;)

--Joe

Dan74
Site Admin

Post by Dan74 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:36 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:08 pm
Fuki, you're (one-of-) the best! We ought to get together and slurp down some pasta, sometime. I suggest NYC! (I'm a New-World guy, what can I say; but The Old-Country could be fun sometime, too ...and all you'd have to do is drop South, approximately).

(BTW, a feller I miss here is Guo Gu. I might give him a call and see if he's OK. It's long past the end of his University semester schedule, and teaching- duties (unless he's involved in a Summer-Session) : I hope that he and the family are just on fabulous vacation! I miss his evenness, his naturalness, his non-attachment, and his overall balance when and where it comes to matters of practice and doctrine. I'll give him a jingle, to Florida... . ...Try to drag him back here, kicking and screaming... . If he'd be so gracious... .) ;)

--Joe
That would be great, Joe. I think many of us miss his presence.

_/|\_

fuki

Post by fuki » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:54 am

desert_woodworker wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:08 pm
Joe, Lovely illusion that shall be! I actually wanted to suggest Italy, good coffee! We can toast to the unfindable we are, in the found or 'getting together' magic! :)

--Joe
Can't find much activity Joe, I know he had a retreat until June 1st, would be lovely if you could give him a call in return.
ps never seen this before, a "livestream"
LIVESTREAM · Guo Gu

1 hour ago
Theresa meditated for 44 seconds to Awakening
2 hours ago
bill lancaster meditated for 1:12:41 hours to Awakening
2 hours ago
Josh Joyner meditated for 14 seconds to Awakening
6 hours ago
Jon meditated for 32:16 minutes to Foundation Practice for Chan Meditation
13 hours ago
Melissa meditated for 4:44 minutes to Talk on Patience

https://insighttimer.com/guogu