Zen and The Nothing Person

Anything at all goes here. Keep it clean.

Moderator: Spiritual Do-gooder

boda

Re: Zen and The Nothing Person

Post by boda » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:54 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:40 pm
boda wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:56 pm
Your thoughts?
Just awaken, and never mind the gradations (our way is to get at the root, not the branches and twigs).

Your teacher will guide you after awakening, as before.

Strong practice,

--Joe
Non sequitur.

Any thoughts about the selfless and judgeless ideal nothing person? What are they like? Do they have likes? Do they have a personality?

Caodemarte

Post by Caodemarte » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:04 am

boda wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:54 pm
...Any thoughts about the selfless and judgeless ideal nothing person? What are they like? Do they have likes? Do they have a personality?
I am sure that somewhere someone holds some view like this, but In this thread, the “ideal nothing person” seems to the product of under supported over interpretations of other people’s views and comments and imputed to them, rather than held by them. It would seem more useful to find such a view and then analyze or critique it, rather than analyze or critique an imputed or imagined view.

boda

Post by boda » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:36 am

Caodemarte wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:04 am
boda wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:54 pm
...Any thoughts about the selfless and judgeless ideal nothing person? What are they like? Do they have likes? Do they have a personality?
I am sure that somewhere someone holds some view like this, but In this thread, the “ideal nothing person” seems to the product of under supported over interpretations of other people’s views and comments and imputed to them, rather than held by them. It would seem more useful to find such a view and then analyze or critique it, rather than analyze or critique an imputed or imagined view.
You can just say misinterpreted and everyone will know what you’re talking about. Anyway, did you watch Brads video in the OP? I don’t need to critique the nothing person, he did a great job. I couldn’t do better even if I wanted to, and I don’t want to. I want to understand what I don’t understand and that’s why I started the topic. What does someone who gets better at letting go of their own self importance and judgements of others look like? They could look like just about anyone, right? Ho! I just solved my own riddle.