Joan Amaral

Find out who's who in Zen.
[james]

Joan Amaral

Post by [james] » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:48 pm

Myozen Joan Amaral ... brief bio here:

https://zencenternorthshore.org/founder ... ng-teacher

I’m happy to find this video again on YouTube, Joan Amaral responding to Rick’s questions about sitting posture and the pain that may arise while sitting.

lindama

Re: Joan Amaral

Post by lindama » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:10 am

Joan is great! I miss her. Joan explores "the way you are meeting your life", it is the posture and it is so much more. I knew her when she was in CA and came up to Russian River Zendo with Darlene Cohen and Tony Patchell, right down the street from me. They all came out of SFZC. Darlene had some wonderful woman around her. Darlene died in 2011. I am a friend of the zendo and cooked lunch for Tony/board today in Guerneville.... the scene of a devastating flood two weeks ago.

Kanji

Post by Kanji » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:35 am

Great video, lovely woman! I like the emphasis on the long spine, and grounding. done yoga asanas since I was twelve years old and it really helps to stay bendy! :bow2:

Great Sage EofH

Post by Great Sage EofH » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:48 pm

lindama wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:10 am
Joan is great! I miss her. Joan explores "the way you are meeting your life", it is the posture and it is so much more. I knew her when she was in CA and came up to Russian River Zendo with Darlene Cohen and Tony Patchell, right down the street from me. They all came out of SFZC. Darlene had some wonderful woman around her. Darlene died in 2011. I am a friend of the zendo and cooked lunch for Tony/board today in Guerneville.... the scene of a devastating flood two weeks ago.
We left Guerneville when it flooded in 1979, our cabin in Rio Nido had water right up to the door step
"We are magical animals that roam" ~~ Roam